Backup error - ENOSPC

Hi,

has anyone recently (last two months) encountered this error ?

I had this problem during 12/2022 after I found out that Timeline Manager 2 took space on the flash memory (reason unknown) but after 3 weeks the error came back even without Timeline manager.

Already contacted Athom support but unfortunately not getting back any solution…

Not sure if it’s storage, which this functionality backups ?
ENOSPC shall be “no space left” - but I wonder where, on the cloud ?

I’m suspicious that it started with fw v. 8.1.1

AFAIK It indeed means on Homey there’s no space left, on the partition (or the allowed diskspace) for the backup function. It is only used to prepare a compressed file.

It’s a really odd situation, because it’s temporary needed, while you have 500MB of free disk space left.
The common solution was to delete all unneeded Speech/voices, but you don’t have additional ones if it uses 153MB.

Only your “Other” file seems to use quite a bit more space:
My “Other”: 316MB
“Speech”: 160MB
“Insights”: 72MB

I once had a Insights file of 500MB, that broke the backup also.
Support couldn’t find a cause for the huge file.

Resetting to factory default, and restoring a backup was the solution in my case…
That probably gets rid of all temporary stuff taking up diskspace.

1 Like

Thank you for those details, still the difference seems to me is not so significant (~80MB)…I have been also thinking about reset but not having latest backup is a pain :frowning:

YW, Sharkys.
80MB doesn’t seem much, but an extra voice is, like, 100 - 150MB roughly. And that can kill the backup job.

Yea it’s a bit very ironic you can fix a lacking backup system by replaying a backup

Is there any app you can temporary uninstall for the sake of creating a backup, maybe it just clears enough of the golden disk space.

Actually I have uninstalled Archive insights…and now I was able to do the backup :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

You were right, only few MB and it makes difference.

1 Like

Nice to hear!

1 Like

So the story continues, since 12.2. I can’t make backups. Newly I get more details in the error… contacted already Athom on this…just in case someone would have any idea

I guess it’s also reason why I can’t use Timeline Manager anymore…

What do you mean with “I can’t use Timeline Manager anymore”?
Are TL notifications from flow not displayed anymore, but apps / presence notifications still appear?
Then you have a so called Timeline rate limit. I means you’ve sent too many notifications from flows in a certain amount of time.
Wait for 24h max., or restart Homey to get rid of it.

Apologize I thought everyone is familiar with this nice app from HCS - [REQUEST] manage timeline with flowcard - #84 by Sharkys

It first started with this app not being usable - I had to uninstall it to get backups working, next one was crashing Archive Insights…so I guess there is some connection with some logs / notifications/ insights

The Timeline Manager2 - https://store.homey.community/app/nl.onzewifi.timelinemanager2

Ah I see, that one. I used it for a while, but it many flowcards did not work (as I liked) here. I cannot remember the app had any issues here, like you have.

Actually I used it fine for about a year or so… I still believe it’s something wrong on Homey side though…

I can’t find the solution anywhere, which was suggested I believe by Dijker, so just for others users - in case of such fully loaded Homey, I had to re-download full firmware having Homey upside down (Recovery mode) and then I was able to perform backup for another 1-2 hour - D.

Beware of ratelimit, I think you can do 3 backups/attempt a day…

Also do not RESET Homey - just choose download full firmware.

1 Like