Error Message "Homey Bridge not connected" / Device not available

Good Morning everybody,
I would like to get your input on an issue I am facing since a couple of days.

When I am starting the Homey app, it shows that my Bridge is not available by displaying an exclamation mark with a red background in the frame of the device

Opening the device page gets another error message: Device not available

However, all flows work, all variables are shown and the status of e.g. electricity used is constantly updated in the homey app.

The first couple of times I “solved” the issue by unplugging and replugging the bridge. But that doesnt seem to work anymore.

Has anybody seen a similar behavior? What connection is meant with this message? I can see the homey in my network, it has an IP-Address (obviously), I can log into the homey account via the app and I can switch devices on/off from the app.

What might be the issue here?

Kind Regards,
Kay

If you say that “all flows work” and that you can switch devices on/off in the app, are those flows/devices that depend on the bridge at all? The Bridge is only used for Zigbee/Z-Wave/BLE/RF devices, everything else is handled in the cloud.

Hi Robert,
thats a good point,
The lights are connected via Hue and the switches via Tapo-App. The electricity measurement is provided by 2 Qubino 3-Phase smart meters, connected by Z-Wave. The variables and flows work on the information coming from the Qubino devices. Zigbee is currently not in use, while I dont have the Homey Pro to run Sonoff App.

Kind Regards
Kay

You may have to contact Athom to ask why the app is showing the bridge isn’t available while all the data apparently is coming through.

1 Like

Hi Robert, thanks for having a look into this. Will check with Athom

KR
Kay

Hi Kay,
Basic zigbee On/Off devices should work without any app, by using the Homey Zigbee ‘app’. Lights can dim as well, and there’s some color settings (not sure what exactly)

1 Like

Hi Peter, thanks. Good to learn! I will test it later today.

Cheers,
Kay

1 Like

Here an update from Athom. It is an issue that has been reported more often now, they are working to find the problem and resolve it. The operation of the bridge should not be affected by this. So, just hanging tight :wink:

Cheers,
Kay

1 Like