Dosen't Homey have a sound device unit for making sound alarms built in?

Aqara and Figaro has and they are much smaller than the Homey Bridge.
Then…
Units with alarm functions, why not a simple On/Off button if one want an alarm or not in settings?
Turn on, fill in the text for the notice. Done!

Feels more natural/simplier than having to make a flow for everyone of them

Can you rewrite this topic. I for myself have absolutely no idea what your question is. The title if this topic is also very confusing.

1 Like

I ask if the Homey device can make a sound (noice)(speaker)(bell) or whatever that will make sound when an alarm occur?
Then I state that Aqara M2 hub and the Fibaro hub has some kind of sounding device built in that will make a lasting alarm noice when an important alarm occur until reseted…

Almost every device unit like a motion sensor makes an alarm when triggered, right? Well instead writing a flow to see/hear an alarm, why can’t one just set on the device card with an on/off switch that says I want an alarm or not from this device and if on that will send an alarm to whatever alarm device (bell, speaker, siren whatever) one use if the device unit trigger an alarm?

As far as i know the bridge and homey pro’s from 2019 and higher have no sound possibilities. Sound had to go to a device, like google home, sonos etc.

This choice had been made by Athom. And as far i am aware the reason was that many manufacturers made better speak/sound solutions for this as Homey could. It’s a choice.

Homey has there approach of how to make a home automation system. Therefore everything has to go by flows. There is no other way(besides the pro’s which also have a script possibilitie.)

Therefore what you want is not the way Athom makes Homey working. It’s a choice they make. You like it or either you hate it. Nothing in between.

I found my way to deal with it, and actually like it. It has his advantages, but also disadvantages as you describe.

Suc6

Ok, then I know… just wonder if an extern Bell device will forces me to delete one of the 14 Aqara devices.

BTW, I think that the sound devices is piezo- electric in the Aqara and Fibaro hubs, nothing to listen music on but makes you react that something happened.

If it is a end device, yes. Ad some zigbee (aqara) smartplugs and you have more device possibilities.

I have 2 Aqara smart plugs but you say I need more?

Found out the the Siren I’m going to buy is Z-Wave so it should work?

Depends, if it works ok. You don’t need extra. But the nice side is when your smartplug works as a router you can add more devices. As far as i know, when the routing is 0(homey), 2(your aqara smarolug) 3 your end device. This counts as 1 end device. Next 0, 2, 4(another end device) this count still as 1 end device. Problem is to get your end to communicate with the router. It often is very pickey. You have no possibilities to choose the router with which your end device has to communicate. That’s the reason Athom advices first to get the routers online and then the end devices. That way you have the best chance your end device starts communicating with a router.

As of Zwave, that will work. But you still need a network of zwave(routers). If your lucky the doorbell can communicate directly with Homey. In that case is works.

Well, I did add all the lights and the smart-plugs first, then the end-units but not once I got the opportunity to add something to the smart-plugs, I don’t even know how to :slight_smile:

I think the siren will work directly else I have the Fibaro hub that is Z-Wave.

Will know on Tuesday.

Have a great holiday/Eastern!

[quote=“CekariYH, post:9, topic:78968”]
Well, I did add all the lights and the smart-plugs first, then the end-units but not once I got the opportunity to add something to the smart-plugs
[/quote]j

You don’t get the option to add, the network chooses itself what the best route towards Homey is. As i said thus is very picky and quite random. It sometimes makes sense which route towards Homey is chooses. More often it puzzles me why it chooses this route.

Happy Eastern :egg:

1 Like

It’s like a teenager then :rofl:

1 Like