[DISCONTINUED][APP][Pro] Sonarr and Radarr

That’s already possible with the “ask which serie / movie to download” action card. Just create a voice triggered flow which triggers this action card.

Serious? That’s neat!

thank you. i didnt install the app yet because i didnt see that :slight_smile:

I keep getting Error: Could not find that pair session or timeout when I try to add either sonarr or radarr :confused:

Sounds like a Homey issue. Try rebooting Homey before pairing your Sonarr and Radarr instances.

This worked! Thanks, also, I think I had made some mistake in my windows firewall (on the computer running sonarr and radarr)

I have issues connecting to Radarr running my PC. I have restarted both Homey and Radarr sessions, and added the port on windows firewall (just to make sure).
I either get the timeout error message, or could not find pair session.
Any ideas?

The “PairSession” error happens when you start the pairing process, switch to another app (to copy the API key from somewhere perhaps) and then switch back to the Homey app.

Hi Robert, thanks for quick response. Well, I have the API key in the clipboard, so I only paste it. But I will try to just enter the API manually and see if that works.

Try pairing it with the developer tools where you can easily copy and paste your API key.

https://developer.athom.com/tools/pair

That was actually a good idea. Just tried that, now I don’t get any error messages. However, it seems that nothing happens. :slight_smile:
I press Test connection, but this is what it looks like:

A quick question though, next to the API key in the Radarr UI, there is a orange triangle, statis that changes will be implemented upon restart. I can’t get rid of that even-though I restart. So I guess this triangle will always be there regardless if I had made any changes, correct?

The triangles are there indicating an advanced setting. Not that it’s not been saved. The API key here however is not the correct one. Follow the instructions in the first post of this topic to get it working.

Okay, my bad in that case. I will step back and do it correctly. :slight_smile:

Hmm, I think I need a clarification from you, sorry!
You say that the API key that I use is not the correct one and referring to your initial post, but the only instruction is regarding the API is:

First add your Sonarr and/or Radarr installations as devices in Homey. You will need to fill in the IP address and API key.

The only API key related to Radarr is the one I find in the webUI, what API key should I use?

You are right, my bad. That is the correct key.

I installed Radarr on my Synology instead of my dead tired windows PC, just for reference. When it is installed, I open my Homeyapp and go to add a Radarr instance. I enter the new IP (since it is as new machine with different IP), enter the port (in this case 8310 by default) and enter the new API Key.
When I press Test Connection, nothing (visible) happens at all. Press one more time, nothing happens.
Like this:

When I, mostly for fun, change the IP adress to something that does not exist, I get a proper error meassge that it cannot be found.
Like this:

I change back to the correct IP adress and press Test Connection, and nothing happens! :slight_smile:
The first tests got me at least an error message! :smiley:

Sorry, I do not want to cause any trouble. Just wondering what the f I am doing wrong. :slight_smile:

If you know how to run apps from the command line (with homey app run) you could see if that gives you more information on the command line.

If not you will have to wait until I get back from holiday within a couple of days and I’ll check if the pairing mechanism is still working properly.

No problems @Phuturist, if I knew you were away on your vacation I would have waited with contacting you!
I haven’t run apps from cmd for quite some time, but I am quite confident in doing that. I will have a try and see if we can find another piece of the puzzle. Enjoy your vacay

I just tested pairing a Radarr instance with the latest version of my app. Not problems what so ever. So there must be something strange happening on your end which is not catched by my app properly. Running it from the command line and seeying if that gives more information is the way forward.

Thanks @Phuturist!
I did some testing this morning, obviously I was too optimistic when it comes to run apps from cmd line. I have done that when installing apps via cli, but this app was installed via app store, hence I am not sure what I “dare” to do (download the app from github and do the same thing?).

Anyway, I have tested with Radarr and now also Sonarr on two different machines, Synology and on Win10. At least the behavior is consequent;

• Adding a Radarr/Sonarr instance with a phony IP-adress gets me a correct error message (Error: request to http://192.168.1.690:8989/api/rootfolder failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND 192.168.1.690)

• Adding an instance of Radarr/Sonarr with correct IP but with HTTPS enabled throws me a correct error message (Error: request to https://192.168.1.69:8989/api/rootfolder failed, reason: write EPROTO 1995509760:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332:)

• Adding an instance of Radarr/Sonarr with Correct IP, https disabled BUT with an incorrect API Key throws me a correct error message (Unknown error 401)

• Adding an instance of Radarr or Sonarr with correct IP does nothing when I press Test Connection, it is like the Test Connection button never was pushed.

My conclusion is that the Radarr/Sonarr Homey app actually recognises the Radarr/Sonarr instances and tries to connect, but something might be incorrect on the Radarr/Sonarr part. I assume all communication is made locally but just to rule out simple sources of errors I opened the ports that they use in my router/USG.

Unfortunately, my developer skills are very limited eventhough I am quite curious and is able to follow instructions, so this is as far as I am able to trouble shoot. I assume that your app is working fine and that it is something (probably dead simple) that is incorrect on my Radarr/Sonarr instances that is incorrectly setup.

Anyway, thank you for the time you took to check this!