Dirigera-hub support

Shame. Can’t find anything about whether or not it will be supported either.
Strange, as IKEA is a rather large and growing supplier of smarthome products. One would think Athom would be very quick to add support for their new hub.

1 Like

If only IKEA would offer an official API to communicate with the hub (which it doesn’t).

1 Like

that explains it.

So, no support likely, then?
I guess firmware updates are out the window?! Can’t connect the same device to two hubs, I am assuming?!

Probably not from Athom, no. The protocol looks to have been reverse engineered (just like the previous hub) but so far no community developer has come forward to create an app.

That’s correct.

But having support for the Dirigera doesn’t mean life would be much improved. The previous hub was limited in what it offered through its API (no support for remotes, for instance) and it’s likely that the Dirigera has similar limitations.

1 Like

It might be limited, but as long as you can open/close based upon some triggers its fine.
I’ve used the trafri hub, and also switched to Diregera. It’s a much nicer hub in terms of stability and reliability. Never had any issies so far with Dirigera. I’m indeed waiting for a limited functionality so I can link it to my Homey. Nevertheless, I’m not a pogrammer myself but would pay for an app if this would become available.

2 Likes

Any new updates regarding this matter?

Ha! Nice word play: Matter :laughing:

Any news on this topic?

No.

Want to elaborate? Just posting a screenshot isn’t very newsworthy :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking good;) let me know if you want to have some help as I have a pritty extended setup with this device, never developed for homey but did a lot other api development.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here. If you have an app for the Dirigera, share it with the users that are asking for support. Just posting screenshots without any context isn’t very useful.

1 Like

Share a link to this page pls, @OlaEriksson?
It can not be found by searching the Homey App Store.

I don’t seem to get it either. You wrote an app that’s not available to anyone but you?

FWIW… Dirigera HomeAssistant client works. So I got Homey to work with Dirigera through HomeAssistant. I’ll look into creating a Homey native app for that hub next.

3 Likes

It remains silent, @OlaEriksson.
No Dirigera app to be found.

Right… So after poking that dead DIRIGERA horse for a couple of days I decided to toss the complete hub, install Tradfri app and move my lights over to pure Zigbee without a hub. At the same time ordered 50 Innr spots… You get the drift… What a majestic piece of crap API… Well, that and the fact that I suck at typescript :slight_smile:

And a couple of hours later I got some code that works with lights discovery. Considering I’ve spent whole night on bumping into various walls - I’ll go get some sleep and will continue tomorrow. Light support should be fairly easily doable. Unfortunately I don’t have any other IKEA devices, so any help from there on would be welcome, I only own dimmable white temp GU10s and RGB GU10s, so will test those first.

Code repo: GitHub - favoretti/net.favoretti.ikea.dirigera: IKEA DIRIGERA App for Homey

Preliminary screenshots:

7 Likes

Kudo’s for the effort, let me know if i can help you further… I never developed for homey but might have some resources, experience on other api platforms and a complete set of digivera :wink: to get supported…

I cloned the repo and managed to push it to a homey pro (but it crashes on startup…)

PS C:\Users\EMO\Source\Repos\test.homey\net.favoretti.ikea.dirigera> homey app run
✓ Pre-processing app…
Added Driver light
✓ Validating app…
✓ App validated successfully against level debug
✓ Packing Homey App…
— App archive size: 3.15 MB, 670 files
✓ Installing Homey App on Homey Pro van Edward (http://192.168.0.111:80)…
✓ Homey App net.favoretti.ikea.dirigera successfully installed
✓ Running net.favoretti.ikea.dirigera, press CTRL+C to quit
— Profile your app’s performance at Homey Developer Tools
─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
Unable to initialize app Error: Cannot find module ‘readline/promises’
Require stack:

• /node_modules/dirigera/dist/src/index.js
  • /app.js
  • /opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/Util.js
  • /opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/lib/Device.js
  • /opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/homey.js
  • /opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/index.js
  • /opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/bootstrap.js
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:933:15)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:778:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19)
    at Module.require (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/AppProcess/node_modules/@athombv/homey-apps-sdk-v3/index.js:1:183)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)
    at Object. (/node_modules/dirigera/dist/src/index.js:7:36)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1103:14)
    at Object.Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1157:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12) {
    code: ‘MODULE_NOT_FOUND’,

I’m currently scratching my head on capabilities fillup and setting, although didn’t have a whole lot of time this week unfortunately. Will make another attempt somewhere late in the week. Feel free to poke around, if you find something - either open a PR or poke me on GH, I’ll just add you as a collaborator.