Debug

Hi,

Is there any debug or log file to check why my Homey Pro is showing offline every 10 min and then couples of hours is working fine and then again showing offline.

thx

In my case that was caused by an app’s excessive memory usage.

When it’s online, check insights for memory usage for every app, to see if it uses over 60MB.
Somehow Homey’s wifi gets killed by that phenomenon.

Homey automatically kills apps which use over 80MB, but for the wifi implementation that is way too late.

1 Like

This is what I see right now…

I noticed other? What is that?

And now is off again.

Have you tried a new PSU as that can be an issue.

1 Like

That screen shows the current usage. No clue what “Other” is, every Homey has it afaik.
The Hue app is known for excessive memory usage, but I’m not sure if that’s the case with your Homey.

Insights is here, you then have a historical view, so you can spot peaks in a graph:
https//my.homey.app
Go to the graph icon on the left.

When you don’t see ‘apps’, go to mobile app: …More>Settings>Experiments and enable ‘Power User’

Select “Last hour” or “Last 6 hours” as timeframe.

And like Adrian suggests, the stock power supply is also a possible cause. Get a power supply from a well-known brand (samsung or ipad iphone models for instance) and an other cable.
(The stock psu is known to deliver not enough voltage over time.)

So you mean like wifi is droping on your old HP2019 ?
No pings responses as well during Himey disconnections ?

yes i did that, twice.

1 Like

i havent test that, i will test when it goes offline.

power user is enabled but still i can’t see apps.

Did you enter ‘apps’ in the search bar?

yep,

crazy enough, the last three days everything is working fine, i think the app Loqed is the issue. im not sure.

it keeps dropping again and i have removed Loqed app and still dropping. Sometimes i see it its connected but i can’t ping it.

which power should PS have?

When you scroll all the way down the list you should find the apps listing. It should be there.

Sure you have Power User enabled?

PSU should be 5V - 2Amps or more. Use a decent brand, like Samsung, apple and such.

If this is the 2023 model, I had this when I first received my unit. It must of been something with the out of box version shipped on my homey. The resolution I did was as follows; reset homey and install as a new virgin instance (not restoring the backup). Once complete, force a update of homey to get the latest version of homey. Then, reset it again and restore your old units backup. This stopped the homey going offline randomly and now it hasn’t gone offline since. Hope this helps you!

Hi,

still 2019, 2023 model will receive it begin may. according to Athom.

i have tried 12W PSU from apple.

my wifi SSID has an “!” it should not be a problem, correct?

I would have thought if the ! In the SID was going to be an issue then it would stop you connecting at all, rather than intermittent offline problems.

For what it’s worth, I have two older Homey’s. One is a 3d and the other is a 4d model. The 3d model has been rock steady sinc day one, but the 4d has been troublesome. At first it was BLE issues, which has been resolved with the latest firmware. The other issue is randomly going offline, even while connected via USB for running apps. Maybe the problem is inherent in that version.

1 Like