Controlling things from an ethernet cable linked place

Hello,
I’m a new homey user and I have homey 2023.
I live on the top level of a building where I have Homey2023 and a Asus Router but I also have a room in the basement for storage that is too far away to have signal from my top place. So i managed to link that room from the basement with a CAT6 ethernet cable that goes into my router. I intend to put a second router or a device you recommend to have access to some sensors that i need to have in the basement for doing this things:

-a sensor that reads humidity & temperature (I intend to control a Wi-fi ready dehumidifier manually from his app based on the info from the sensor. The dehumidifier is not known by homey so i will do it manually via wi-fi. I also intend to buy some electrical heating device for cold winters if temperature goes below zero)

• a presence sensor for turning on my lights only when I`m around entrance (dark area there) . If it is possible the sensor only detect my presence not all building users presence (not very important this last thing)

The questions are:
1.Can zigbee work over ethernet cable. If yes, what wireless device/router do I need to put in the basement. 2. If zigbee cant be extended there, the wi-fi 2.4 ghz will do the thing?
If my sensors are wi-fi 2.4ghz type will they work in this scenario? Or they need to be seen by homey wi-fi antenna directly?

Below is the sketch of the scenario
Thank you!!

Your best bet is to use WiFi devices, Zigbee doesn’t work over cables so any devices need to be “in sight” of either Homey, or Zigbee routers in Homey’s Zigbee network.

As long as the WiFi router/extended in the basement is in the same local network as Homey (and provided the WiFi devices you want to add are supported), it should work.

1 Like

Thank you sir!! Perfect