Connecting Homey and Ring

I was wondering if it is possible to link the alarm system sensors from Ring (contact sensor V2, PIR V2 etc) with both Homey and the Ring Alarm.

For example, I would like to create a flow that IF the ring alarm contact sees a door open AND it is after sunset THEN the living room lighting is switched on.

When I use the Ring-Security app and connect a contact sensor, for example, I have to reset it and the sensors are no longer recognized by Ring itself after they have been connected to homey. Am I doing something wrong with the pairing or can you simply not have paired to both systems at the same time?

I don’t use Ring Security myself, but according to the info in the official thread about the app (link), the FAQ says it like this:

So I guess (!) that both systems, Ring and Homey, cannot be run in parallel.
Maybe you read through the official thread and ask your questions there, if nobody answers here.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Could you tell me if adding a door sensor already linked to my Ring alarm on the Homey Ring Security app will remove it from my alarm, or will it remain paired with my alarm?

Best regards,
SĂ©bastien

1 Like

Hi SĂ©bastien,

the best way is to search in the appropriate topic for the Ring Security App. The topic is already linked in my post above.
If you cannot find an answer to your question, you can of course also ask in this topic.