Connect Eve light switch to Homey Pro

I got one of the Eve light switches, even recommended on this site, but I don’t see how to connect it to the homey pro. It’s thread, but not matter. Anyone have setup instructions for the Eve light switch?

Looks like homey only supports thread over matter, so the Eve light switch won’t connect. Are there multiple eve light switches? The ones in the EU different from the US ones?

I can’t get my head around the best buy guide recommending Thread only devices

This kb article says clearly you cannot use Thread only devices with Homey. But clearly we’re missing something

The “Best Buy Guide” is clearly wrong. Frustrating.

Well, I don’t know if we missed a piece of info or anything.

@Doekse Sorry to bother you, but do you have information on how to pair a Thread only best buy device with the Pro 2023?

Documentation says No :blush:

It seems that we have indeed made a mistake here. The Eve Light Switch is Thread only, it doesn’t support Matter over Thread. Homey Pro (at this time) only supports Matter over Thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll update the article accordingly.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks 4 quick reply!
I’ve seen other devices with the Thread logo as well btw

1 Like

Thanks for the warning! I have just checked and it looks like two Onvis units are also on the list. I’ve passed on the feedback internally :pray:

Even for us, Matter and Thread can be a bit confusing at times :sweat_smile:

1 Like

To go back to the first question, our confusion came from this page on the CSA website. It states that an Eve Light Switch should be Matter compatible, but it doesn’t seem to be the one we’re linking to.

I’ve asked the Eve team for clarification.

1 Like