Chronograph vs. delay on motion

In my kitchen I have a Philips Hue Motion Sensor - which detects LUX and motion.
I want to have my lights turned on, dimmed to 10% when the lux is below a certain value and motion is detected.
When the zone has been active for e.g. 2 minutes, I want the lights to dim up to 100%.
After 10 minutes with no motion, it should dim to 10 % and after 5 minutes, turn off. If the zone gets active again in that timeframe, the light should go to 100% again.

What is the easiest way to do that? I cannot tell what the benefits are to use the Chronograph app and/or the “Delay”-functionality in the flow-builder.

The most important difference is that a flow card with a delay WILL fire when time is up. A timer set with a timer app can be stopped before time is over and start again whenever u feel like it. So in this case the delay cards are not a good option.

Well, at first it sounds like you need a timer app but in your case it would work fine. You don’t even need delay if you use zone events only. But I think there is no 2 minutes option for zones or is there? I don’t remember.

Nope, 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 Minutes.

For the dimming I would advice to create 2 flows.

1. dim10%
  2. dim 100%
    The trigger can be “ when this flow is started” or create a virtual device of type pushbutton (my preference)

In these flow you can set all the lights (define a scene)
Advantage of doing it with flows is that you can re-use them also for other flow in the future