Bricked homey after update to 2.0?

Hi all, I just looked at the post https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2298/homey-purple-circle, did anybody try it and can share the rest of the activities?

Having the same issue over here since 2 days… started an upgrade to 2.0 through the new app and ended up with a red ring on my Homey.

Have kept Homey unplugged for a full night. Plugged it in the next day and ended up with that red ring again.
Do get “running purple” if I hold Homey upside down after plugging it in and waiting a few seconds. But that just keeps on going endlessly… after 10 hours running purple today I pulled the plug again.

Already contacted support but till I hear back from them I have parts of my security setup and smart home (z-wave light buttons in pretty much every room) not working…

If someone has any other ideas that could help me that would be great. For me this update turned into a very annoying situation that is really making me doubt if Homey is a device I want to keep having this crucial role in my smart home / domotica ecosystem…

Got a reply from Athom, after they received my Homey. First they tried a soft reset of the Homey, but that didn’t work, so they did a hard reset (flashed the chip I think?) and it should now working again they said. Expecting my Homey back in a day or two. Only thing is i’ve lost all my presets/flow/apps, but i’m just glad my homey will be working again!

1 Like

Last week I got my Homey back from Athom and it’s working very well again!

2 Likes