Brel, bi-directioneel

Hey Everyone,

I have BLEQ 35-6-24 bi-directional tilt & lift motors installed in my window blinds.
The Brel home hub (DD-7002B) is installed & functions perfectly on my phone when adjusting the position & tilt angles.
However, within the Brel app on Homey, there doesn’t seem to be any support to adjust the tilt angle.
Which I found very strange since the Brel phone app does support this.
Can someone help me?
Can I use a different app in combination with the Brel motors?

In parallel I contacted Brel themselves, still pending for their response.
Thank you in advance

Regards

Joost

Hi Joost,

You can try the motion blinds app. Brel and Motion blinds are using the hardware.

Regards,

Harry

Thanks Harry!
I now found a way to connect it to the Motionblinds app.
Wasn’t having my smartest of moments yesterday :sweat_smile:

All,

I recently had contact with Brel, w.r.t. their app on Homey.
Currently it only supports a position change on venetian blinds.
I’ve got a tilt & lift motor (BLEQ 35-6-24) installed in my blinds.
So currently I use motionblinds app to control my blinds.
However, this doesn’t always function properly, some blinds will not follow the command, others will do something slightly different, it drives me crazy.
Brel requested my to check with the app creator if they could include the position & angle values within the Brel app on Homey.
Where do I find that person and how should this be done?
I’ve got a mail conversation ( in dutch) from them which I could forward for more background information

See in the shop the link in the App description: Community [Bezoek forum »] ([APP][Pro] Motion Blinds) and also name of the Developer and Support info.

I am the original developer for the Motion Blinds app. However, I no longer own a Homey, and I only own Motion Blinds hardware, no Brell. For this reason, and various others, I am no longer able to develop the app. Therefore I transferred the ownership to another developer.

Having said that: Brel is mostly compatible, but not exactly the same as Motion Blinds. So I’m happy if it works, and did try to mitigate a few known incompatibilities, but even for the new developer it is probably not doable to make everything work for Brel hardware too.

Your best bet is therefore to ask the owners official Brel app to fix things. They own the right equipment to develop and test it properly.

1 Like

I’ve installed the Brel app, and have 4 brel bi-directional motors as honeycomb blinds installed.

I’ve noticed that the app does not correctly see if the blinds are open or closed. it’s exacly the otherway around. When the blinds are open, Homey thinks they are 100% closed. And when closed: Homey thinks they are open.
Also when I say: close blinds to my Google, it will open them and visa versa.

Anyone a solution for this. (It’s working, but just a little irritant)

1 Like

Exactly this. Same issue here. Begging for a fix! So sad Brel app development is not active.

Hoi,

Ben net een paar dagen nieuw en probeerde net een flow te maken met kantelen van de jaloezieën. Heb wel de hub. Jij hebt dus de app van Motionblinds geïnstalleerd via de hub en dan kan je wel kantelen in de flows opnemen?

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Nederlands (Dutch)

Sorry, I thought I was in a Dutch conversation but English is not a problem

I gave up on the idea to adjust the tilting using flows within Homey.
This because the Motionblinds app wasn’t perfectly in sync with my blinds. Causing one of the blinds to snap and fall down. The motor was stuck in a moving position even though the blind was already in it’s upper most position.

1 Like

Hi Joost, please try the device capability app :smiley: it works perfect with the app (in a flow)

1 Like

Hey Martijn,

Could you share the flow that you use for the blinds?
I tried looking into the suggestion of yours, but I can’t figure out how to make this work

Regards

Joost

I added all screens in the Brel-Home app on IOS, installed Brel app and Motion blinds app on Homey, used the key from the Brel App… adding a device shows ‘no new devices’. Does anyone have a clue?
Homey 2023.