Brel, bi-directioneel

Thanks Edwin, the Brel TDBU works great with the current version, I will try to install the test version

Iā€™m getting a lot of crash reports from people trying to use Brel with the Motion app version 1.1.7. I do not know who they are, so I can not reach them.

Please use the above mentioned version 1.1.18 or higher of the Motion app that is currently in test, that one is fixed so it wonā€™t crash if used with Brel hub and motors. I submitted that version for production last Thursday, but Athom is taking its time approving it.

1 Like

Hi Edwin, after installing the test version my app was automatically updated to 1.1.9 (4 days ago) and then to 1.2.0 on the same day.

No issues so far.

Yes, I had some other minor changes as well. Good to hear it all works as intended.

I am trying to get my Brel TDBU to work with the Motion Blinds app.
Homey detects my TDBU but I cannot get them to moveā€¦
I think I need the AccessToken, but I donā€™t know how to get it from the Brel Home App (Android).
How do I get the AccessToken?
Thanks for the help in advance!

For the AccessToken you need to open the BREL HOME app. Go to the account setting (right bottom).
Then click 5 times on the version (below Sign Out) and it will show the token. Copy it and past it in the Motion app settings in Homey.

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the reply.
I tried that already and just tried it again, even on an other phone, but that doesnā€™t workā€¦

This is the version number in the Brel app. Does multiple times clicking not work?

This is the Android versionā€¦ I clicked it many times, but no luck

If found this in another form.

The key is retreived from the android app (Thanks to Brel support).
Tap 5 times on the rightside of the photo place (4th tab).

This also works for iPhone. Same menu.

Thatā€™s it! Thanks!

1 Like

Met interesse deze info over aansturing Brel ā€œbi directioneleā€ motoren gelezen.
Ik begrijp dat de wifi hub nodig is voor communicatie met homey.
Mijn vraag moet deze van Brel zijn, zo ja maakt het type hub dan nog uit?
Of kun je ook uit met de goedkopere motionblinds hub?

I understood that both Brel hubs do work with the homey app. I will not be surprised that the motionblinds hub will work with the Brel motor. But I donā€™t know if someone tried it. If you have a Brel motor, I would advise to start with a BREL hub and the BREL app first. But it looks like the hardware is exactly the same. (Same type id). Maybe you can try it and return the hub if it doesnā€™t work.

The Brel Home App works now, (used the DD1554 hub) I added two screens and I can make them go up and down (manually) via the Devices. So far so good.
But when I want to make a flow, thereā€™s no Brel Home App visible in the THEN area, so I canā€™t make a flow?

Are you using the Brel home app in Homey?
You can try the motion blind app. This works for me.

Hello Edwin,
Do you maybe now if the Brel BLE 35-10 tilt & lift bi- ditectional motor works also with the motionblinds app?

With kind regards,
Peter

I am not affiliated with Brel nor am I in contact with them or have any of their products, so Iā€™m not sure. But the manual suggests it uses another type of hub type DD7002B (not the small white USB hub DD1554 that Brel and Motion Blinds both use) so for this one I would guess no. Unless you know it can also be used with the DD1554 hub.

Edit: I found out the hubs are compatible, and both hubs are listed as working with the Home Assistant integration too. That uses the same API as the Homey app, so it should work indeed. Sorry for the confusion.

Bedankt

A new version has been made in which the hub is no longer needed for the 433 mhz roller blinds. Only the preferred position is not yet back in the software. I have already reported this to Brel.
This makes Brel for 433mhz also suitable for Homey 2023.

It works however since a day I get ā€™ Sent too many 433 mhz commandsā€™ even after reboot.