Brel, bi-directioneel

I have the Brel DD-7002B Software version 1.1.6(210207)

1 Like

Thank you, where did you get it, price?
I have the multi unit remote.
Do you now have control of the up and down in Homey?

The hub is 119 euro on the website of raambekledingnederland for example. I didnā€™t had a response from Brel yet. I still have to contact them again to get the hub directly connected to homey.

I can trigger 3 scenes from homey via IFTTT and Amazon Alexa app as a work around.

Hi all,

Does homey also wor with the other hub from brel

Yes, It does

great , just ordered one for 69 euries

hi guys , if have got the DD-1554 hub. works fine however in homey still the problem that you cannot set a percentage on the window blinds only 100 or 0. Any news about that?

gr,
Frans

Today I installed the Brel hub including 3 blinds with only the till function, but because I made a mistake I had to reinstall everything, after that I no longer found the 3 blinds in the Brel home app in Homey app (I had removed these manually in Homey) :frowning:

Can someone help me whit a solution?

Have you already restarted Homey? A real PTP if necessary. (disconnect power for at least 11 minutes)
Simply resetting also helped me with not being able to find a deleted Hue sensor. Unplug Homey, wait 1 minute and plug it back in.
Let Homey start up quietly after resetting.

I also created a app that uses the Brel Home Hub via the local network and doesnā€™t require the cloud back-end, to control the blinds. You first have to pair them via the Brel Home app though.

It currently only supports bidirectional roller blinds, because those are the only ones i can test.
I did not push it to the Homey app store yet, but let me know what you think

1 Like

This looks promissing, I have the top down / bottom up blinds and they are not recognized by the official homey brel-home app. I understood from others that I need a firmware update of the brel motor.
Brel was very responsive in the beginning, but now they ignore all my emails.

It already could help if you can create a Scene in the Brel home app, and then trigger this scene from Homey without installing the blinds in Homey.
Really nice that this connects directly via the internal network.

Adding those blinds in my app shouldnt be that difficultā€¦ the problem is that i cant test how those messages look like that have to be send to the hub directly.

I can try to implement it blindly, but it would be nice if someone can test it for me.

@Harry do you know how to run a homey app from that repository?

Yes, I was able to install your app on the Homey this morning. I am also connected to the brel hub. Happy to help with testing, I have the BJE24E TDBU motor and DD7002-B wifi hub.

Iā€™ve made a start and figured out the requests towards the HUB to support it, based on similar opensource applications.
However it seems like Homey does not support the device capabilities of TDBU-type window coverings. The following capabilities are supported for window coverings:

• windowcoverings_state # devices that can only be controlled via up/down and stop commands
  • windowcoverings_tilt_up # tilting of blinds, such as Venetian blinds
  • windowcoverings_tilt_state # tilting of blinds, such as Venetian blinds
  • windowcoverings_tilt_down # tilting of blinds, such as Venetian blinds
  • windowcoverings_closed # closing blinds(?), not sure why this exists since set/state can be used for this as well.
  • windowcoverings_set # devices that support a precise open/close level

So Iā€™m guessing this is the same limitation that Brel is facing when implementing it in their cloud app.

1 Like

You can create custom capabilities if so required.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if het helps, but i found this link some time ago with some api documentation. Looks like same hub.

Maybe the TDBU system can be seen as two single blinds (motors). Blind 1 is the upper part and blind 2 is the bottom part. Blind1 open and Blind 2 close will close the Blind completly. Blind 1 on 30% and Blind 2 on 70% closes only the middel part etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the documentation, man it wouldā€™ve helped if i found this sooner.
I think your approach sounds about right, the only feature that you wouldnā€™t have is the capability to adjust the top&down part in 1 slider. But i guess thatā€™s a nice-to-have.

1 important question i have, since the documentation is contradicting an example that iā€™m following: does your TDBU device pop-up when you try it add the rollerblind with my app (please use the master branch)?

Any chance you could join the Homey Communitiesā€™ Slack? Would be easier to collaborate: athomcommunity.slack.com/

I have send you a DM via Slack. I couldnā€™t find a device when I try to add it as rollerblind.

According to the documentation @Harry shared, it turns out that these Brel blinds are simply yet another re-brand of commonly used blind motors, originally developed by Coulisse B.V. under the name Motion Blinds. It turns out that a Homey app already exists (thx to @Edwin_D)for this brand to use the Hub locally, which also works fine for Brel blinds (including TDBU):

Community topic:

Based on some other references, i think it is quite likely this app also will work for the brands:

• Dooya
  • Bloc Blinds
  • Hornbach

i guess i can delete my project :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Those who want to try the Brel with the Motion Blinds app, you should have version 1.1.8 or higher. Version 1.1.7 crashes due to incompatibilities in the Brel bridge implementation.
The version that fixes it is currently in test and awaiting approval for production, but Athom is taking its time with that. The Brel roller blinds should work, but the TBDU from Bel and Motion are mechanically very different, so it may work but no guarantees.