[BOUNTY] - €40 - Convert existing Pioneer app to Homey 2.0

Hi Everyone,

I submitted a new test version which adding support for manually controlling the input source as well as using flow cards: input_source_changed trigger, input_source_is condition and input_source_set action.

The list of possible inputs is not complete, but I used the ones that were available in the app of Marco. Please let me know if something is missing or not working. Also some channels do not work for all Pioneer VSX devices. Sadly, I cannot change this because of some missing features of Homey.

Hi there,

I deleted the device since as described above the app would just give a blank screen whenever I pressed the device icon.

I just tried the new version trying to add my SC-2024 back but no such luck. Network standby is on. the receiver is on, but it says no new device found.

Also, browsing through the receiver’s web interface I noticed this:

In the menu there is a ‘Port Number Setting’ page. It lists Four ports, the first three are set to OFF, while Port 4 is ‘ON’ and the port number field shows ‘23’.

Does this matter in the context of what we’re trying to do here?

Should I try a different setting?

Thanks again

The white screen had to do with the input selection what was not yet implemented behind the buttons so it resulted in some error.

The previous version also had a bug to always take port 23 but in most cases it should be 8102. So, it now should read the port from the description.xml page. Maby, in your case the “solved bug” resulted in a problem. In your description.xml 8102 is listed. So can you enable that port and try again?

It seems like 8102 is reserved/already on? I can set the port to anything EXCEPT 8102

Ok, THIS WORKED:

Before (this from the factory, I’d never messed with these before):
Port 1 OFF
Port 2 OFF
Port 3 OFF
Port 4 ON, 23

On a hunch I tried
Port 1 ON, 23
Port 2 OFF
Port 3 OFF
Port 4 OFF

And it worked, SC-2024 found.

Some observations:
Power on/off works.
Mute works.
The volume slider is an absolute scale from -80 to -25db. Vol+ does not go beyond -25db. If I manually go higher to say -10db, the Vol+ still does not work, but Vol - will. I guess this is the intended behaviour - makes perfect sense, too, I just do not know how loud -25db is :slight_smile:

No input controls yet, right?

EDIT

I tried turning ALL four ports OFF, the receiver automatically re-enabled Port 4 ON - 23 and I can now still control the receiver. Maybe Port 1 ON only mattered for the initial discovery… Anyway, I hope this helps.

SOOOO looking forward to source selection

Thanks again for the great effort.

Thanks for the update. Can you look at the advanced app settings and see the port there?

Yes. I limited the volume at -25. You can manually adjust this value in the app settings.

The input Control should work now. As per version 2.0

Look forward to it! It’s not available yet I guess.

It is available, but only for testing. Test version can be installed using the test page. https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.pioneer.avr/Pioneer-AVR/test/

Hey Rinze, the vsx 527 tokkelt in the volume al the time, is that correct?

Sorry for the delay. I read the Message just now.

I am not sure what you mean. The app should only change the device volume when pressing the volume button. Depending the kind of device (supports VL command or not) the volume slider sets the volume once(when VL supported) or simulating pressing volume up until wanted volume is reached.

Hi. Pioneer SC-2024 works!

Two minor things:

I keep getting a yellow warning ‘The Current input source is not supported’ pop up once a minute when I have the device open and CD is the source. When testing flows there’s an exclamation point next to the Select input CD card. All this while switching to the CD input both from the device card and in flows actually works! Any way to remove these?

Also, and this one is rather minor and cosmetic, but can we display the volume scale as db or just -55 to +12 unitless integers instead of -5500% to 1200%?

No big deal, but maybe it is easy to fix.

Great app, by the way and a big thank you!

EDIT I just tested with other input sources BD, DVD, etc and not just the CD - same warning and flow errors.

Dear Ruskie,

Many thanks tot you response. It helps me to improve the app. I wrote down the issues in my list.
Hopefully, I get some time in the near future to solve some issues.

Most important issue for now is to make the device on auto detect working again when it is powered by a remote or power socket.

Just for my knowledge. Did you add the device manually (filled in the IP) or was it found automatically?

Automatically, but on second attempt.

Are there still active app users in this forum? I want to release a significant update for the app. But before doing so I like some people to test the new release. https://homey.app/a/com.pioneer.avr/test/

This app is not backwards compatible! So you are forced to delete your device and re-add it and existing flows will not work anymore.

I am here. Anything specific you want tested?

Removed the old device (it had stopped working after I installed this version anyway).

I cannot, however, re-add my SC-2024, whether it is ON or OFF.

On the ‘Select the devices you’d like to add’ screen I get this error after 2-3 seconds:

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘Info’)

Hmm. That’s a pitty. Even if automatic pairing fails it should come up with a manual pairing screen. Is it possible to send the log. Hopefully, I have some time to fix it.

I just found out that it is not working for me anymore as well. I will have a look when I can find some spare time.

Reinstalled the app and tried again just now - device found automatically, and the IP address is filled in correctly in advanced settings!
Some observations on manual controls (haven’t tested the cards/flows yet)

1. All major named hdmi inputs BD, STB/DVR are selectable.
    However, when I get to the numbered HDMI inputs, HDM4-6 work fine, but HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 are not selectable. Again, when I scroll to their named version at the top of the list, ie BD, CBL/SAT, etc it is selected correctly.
    MHG corresponds to Media Server in my case, ADAPTER PORT selects BT AUDIO in my case, I believe that is correct.
    Note: I did make sure all inputs are enabled in iControlAV app’s Input Edit section.
  2. Volume
    If I set Maximum Volume to anything higher than -20dB (like, +12, -10, -15. etc), the volume slider top value defaults to -20dB ignoring the setting. However, if I set it below -20 (eg -50, -25, etc) and slide the Volume slider all the way to the max, I get the error banner at the top saying
    volume_set OutOfRangeError:
    -20 is greater than -XX
    (out_of_range)
    , where XX is whatever I set the maximum volume to in the Advanced settings (again, only if it’s less than -20dB)
  3. The P app icon is green now :slight_smile: