Best inexpensive homey pro smart door lock

Matter via Thread, like @Paulo_Dias mentioned it.

I have the same 4.0.37

So once again, I turned off wifi in nuki app, wifi and bluetooth in mobile phone.i was able to lock and unlock the door in the homey app.
Then it should be Matter over thread.

Maybe someone with nuki pro 4 will try it as well

That wasn’t entirely clear to me. He just said he has thread network in Homey, which is of course correct.

After revisiting the current setup, as posted above, you will see that my Homey has configured the Thread network for the Nuki 4.
Can you still open the Nuki via Bluetooth? Yes, you can.
If you don’t have Thread, Homey Pro, or a hub like a mini iPod or Apple TV, you can still set up the Nuki via your Homekit, which also works via Thread or Wifi.
Compatible Hub => Homey Pro
I know that these people from Nuki Support do not always have the right info, and you might get outdated info.
The screenshot I have posted above should be sufficient as evidence of how my Nuki is connected.

If so, this is great and Nuki people are just poor in communication. I want to replace one of my old Smart Lock with the new one but the basic 4 not the Pro one. Since there is no built-in WiFi like the Pro, the only option is to use Matter over Thread but I was waiting the proper firmware to be available.
Is the battery level reported in Homey?

Yes

You also have to know that not all cards are available at the moment. I think with nuki app you had more cards.

Then cards just 2

Yes, it reports the battery levels and you can make flows.
I cannot speak if Nuki 4 non-Pro Version works as I stated above, my experience is with the Nuki 4 Pro.

All cards from Nuki on “When”

The above “Then” card seems to be missing but maybe it depends how the Smart Lock is configured. Anyway I don’t use it.
Thanks to Rudolf and Paulo for these details.

You can’t configure anything at the moment. It’s not like in the nuki app.

Yes pull the latch is missing.
According to my info, it will come later. Hopefully athom will add it.
Matter in this moment knows only locked and unlocked.

I have just a response of the Nuki Support for this question of Tread upgrade which is Not Release now but comes in 2024.

It says that this only belongs to the Nuki App to Control the Nuki remote.

If you have a Smarthome Hub that already supports Thread and matter you can use the new Standard Nuki 4 just now. You can then Open via homey app if you are not at Home but Not with the Nuki app! Therefor you will still need the Bridge untill this update will come in the next months. you get a code if you now upgrade and this will unlock this upgrade if it is released.

But this Upgrade is only for using the native Nuki app.

Here my Email from nuki (sorry, it is in german. You have to use Google translator perhaps)

Marcel (Nuki) 29. Jan. 2024, 16:03 MEZ
Hallo Philipp,
vielen Dank, dass du den Nuki-Support kontaktiert hast.
Wenn dein Smarthome Hub Matter via Thread unterstĂŒtzt, kannst du das Smart Lock 4te Generation ĂŒber Matter in deine Smarthome App einfĂŒgen.
Der Fernzugriff, der bei dem Upgradeprogramm bereits inkludiert ist, und ansonsten ĂŒber eine einmalige Zahlung nachbestellt werden muss, bezieht sich dabei lediglich auf den Fernzugriff aus der Nuki App. Bis dies in Zukunft freigeschaltet wird, brauchst du fĂŒr den Fernzugriff in der Nuki App weiterhin die Bridge.
Beim Upgradeprogramm erhĂ€ltst du einen Aktivierungscode, mit dem du dies spĂ€ter aktivieren kannst, sobald verfĂŒgbar.
In der Zwischenzeit wird ein Fernzugriff ĂŒber deine Smarthome App bereits möglich sein.

Hope it Helps

So the pull latch also was not enabled with the 10.3.0-rc7? That’s a shame because the functionailty is part of Matter 1.2. Did anyone get word from the Homey Support when this will he added roughly?

Also if you only use the Nuki with Matter over Thread and Homey, is the Nuki Lock still able to receive Firmware updates?

When you use the open command, it does both things pull and latch.

I have also the Nuki App, and I noticed that the firmware was updated recently without my knowledge.

Do you also have your Lock connected to your Wifi? Because on Nukis Homepage it’s listed that the Pro version should support Wifi without a bridge, so I kind of would expect that to be able to update itself.

I’m more interested in the non-Pro version if Firmware updates work for that (or Pro Version without having a Wifi connection).

EDIT: But I guess updating the Locks via Bluetooth + Smartphone app should always be possible

Last time I tried I could only choose unlock /lock.
The unlock option also opens the door. So actually the only unlock without opening is missing.

In the current nuki app you can choose in the advanced options if you want opening of the door or not.

It feels safer without because you can also easily open the door by accident now in the homey app. The nuki app lets you confirm explicitly if you are out of range.

In my flows I only use locking and unlocking (for example locking when leaving/at night, and unlocking in the morning when near the door, without opening).