Axa raamuitzetter

looking for solution tin include Axa remote 2.0 Any ideas?

1 Like

I am also intrested

Axa claims “ Thanks to 4 billion rotating codes, it is virtually impossible for even the smartest burglar to open your window with another remote control and therefore an extremely secure solution.”. So unless Axa has a hub or something, It’s unlikely Homey can sen the codes itself.

I had it working with arduino and a linbus shield connected to Homey with Homeyduino app.
Don’t have it anymore, still got two linbus shield if anyone is interested.

1 Like

In my case when I’m dealing with these “impossible-to-add” devices, I’d like to take a step back and think what it will add by including it, and if it’s safe/necessary. Because often there’s a good reason why you might have to rethink it a bit.

1. The security is there so that window can’t be opened by criminals. You don’t want an easy way to remotely open a window where someone could enter your house.

2. We have a window that’s two stories up, so that won’t really be a security risk unless they bring a ladder. But the window is level with a roof terrace, where there could be children. They might not be able to slip through that 13cm gap, but they could get pinched if the window is automated and they have their hands there. Or just think of animals - a cat would probably use that spot for overlooking the living room.

If these kind of scenarios are thought through and you still want to continue (like i want to) the option could actually be quite simple:

Rip that remote apart and add a relay controller, f.ex Fibaro Implant or any other wifi relay, and just solder wires to the remote. You can then easily add wall switches that send signals either wired directly to the remote or via Homey. With the right voltage you could probably also eliminate the battery in the remote.

I’m going to add a smart wall switch so it looks nicer, where the remote is located behind it. And then I could open either with that wall switch where I can see the window at the same time, or automate opening with Homey based on weather/temperature and presence.

I will not fully automate closing because of the potential risks, but will rather warn if it is open after a certain time of the day etc.

I’ve been working the past few days to control the axa remote 2.0 via a different way. At the moment I can open the windows with an open stop and close command via mqtt. In addition, I get the status back neatly via mqtt.
a small piece of electronics is needed mpc2003 with some resistors and a nodemcu (wemos will also work)
The batteries expire and are replaced by a cable, the electronics can be placed near the adapter or in the battery compartment of the axa (a small piece of the battery cover may have to be removed)
I hope to be able to share a complete description in the coming days.

What I just haven’t succeeded yet and where I can use help with is making an advanced virtual device that looks like below but with the status that is returned via the mqtt topic. and, for example, an icon with an open and closed window.
Perhaps someone can even write a simple axa app to add remotes. to be continued …

here’s the code, be gentle I’m not a programmer. Improvements are welcome :slight_smile:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <PubSubClient.h>

// Definieer de gegevens voor toegang tot het Wi-Fi netwerk
const char* ssid = "wifissid";
const char* password =  "password";

// Definieer de MQTT-server waar de ESP8266 mee verbinding maakt
const char* mqtt_server = "192.168.1.13";
const int mqtt_port = 1883;

// Initialiseer WiFiClient en PubSubClient
WiFiClient espClient;
PubSubClient client(espClient);

void setup() 
{

// Initialiseer seriële communicatie
  Serial.begin(19200,SERIAL_8N2);

// Maak verbinding met Wi-Fi
  WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
  while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) 
  {
    delay(500);
 //   Serial.println("Connecting to WiFi..");
  }

client.setServer(mqtt_server, mqtt_port);
  client.setCallback(MQTTcallback);
  while (!client.connected()) 
  {
 //   Serial.println("Connecting to MQTT...");
    if (client.connect("axaremote_1"))  // client id mqtt
    {
//      Serial.println("connected");
    }
    else
    {
//      Serial.print("failed with state ");
//      Serial.println(client.state());
      delay(2000);
    }
  }
  // Abonneer op het topic "axaremote/state"
  client.subscribe("axaremote/commands");
}
// Deze functie wordt aangeroepen wanneer er een MQTT-bericht binnenkomt op het gespecificeerde topic
void MQTTcallback(char* topic, byte* payload, unsigned int length)
{
//Serial.print("Bericht ontvangen op topic: ");
//Serial.println(topic);
//Serial.print("Bericht: ");
String message;
for (int i = 0; i < length; i++)
{
message = message + (char)payload[i];
}
//Serial.print(message);
if (message == "open")
{
open_axa();
}
else if (message == "stop")
{
stop_axa();
}
else if (message == "close")
{
close_axa();
}
else if (message == "status")
{
status_axa();
}

}

void loop(){
// Verwerk binnenkomende MQTT-berichten
client.loop();
}

void open_axa() {
  Serial.println("\r");
  delay(100);
  Serial.print("O");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("P");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("E");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("N");
  delay(20);
  Serial.println("\r");
}

void close_axa() {
  Serial.println("\r");
  delay(100);
  Serial.print("C");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("L");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("O");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("S");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("E");
  delay(20);
  Serial.println("\r");
}

void stop_axa() {
  Serial.println("\r");
  delay(100);
  Serial.print("S");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("T");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("O");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("P");
  delay(20);
   Serial.println("\r");
}

void status_axa() {
  Serial.println("\r");
  delay(100);
  Serial.print("S");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("T");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("A");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("T");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("U");
  delay(20);
  Serial.print("S");
  delay(20);
  Serial.println("\r");
  //delay(100);

static char buffer[80]; // Definieer een buffer van 80 bytes  proefondervindelijk

int count = 0;
  while (Serial.available() && count < 79) { // Lees inkomende data totdat de buffer vol is
    buffer[count++] = Serial.read();
  }
  buffer[count] = '\0'; // Voeg een nul-terminator toe om de string af te sluiten

if (count > 0) {
    // Controleer of de string "open" of "dicht" bevat en publiceer de status via client.publish
    String res = String(buffer);
    if (res.indexOf("Strong Locked") != -1) {
      client.publish("axaremote/state", "locked");
    } else if (res.indexOf("UnLocked") != -1) {
      client.publish("axaremote/state", "opened");
    }
    else{client.publish("axaremote/state", "state unknown");
    }
  }

}

more info on the dutch section of the forum