Aqara wall outlet h2

Hello community,

I bought aqara plug H2 EU and I tried to connect it with thread for matter. Impossible, there is not a matter qrcode.

How I can connect it? On the box there is a star to said “ZigBee 3.0 hub required”. This is the solution? If I add this router it will be a border router of my homey pro?
Does the plug can run as a router?

Please help me I don’t understand the homey value in this case.

On it’s own it’s a regular zigbee device, it should be possible to add it to Homey as generic zigbee device

Source

_

Yes. It"s also clearly stated in the first sentence of the product page

Meaning, Aqara is fooling you a bit when you don’t read the small prints;
The outlet is only available as Matter device to Homey if paired with the Aqara Hub

Thanks you @DirkG for the welcome message and the rules, I will take care of it.

Thank you @Peter_Kawa for your feedback. Small prints are important in domotic, you are completely right!
Regarding pairing has ZigBee device I don’t understand but it’s only work as an energy meter but not for on/off feature there is a timeout. Also the official aqara qpp don’t support this new device.

I come from domoticz with more than 50 rfxcom devices and when I had an issue I developed but now I’m a bit struggling…

2 Likes

YW, Polargeex.

Ah too bad!
That’s really odd, basic on/off functionality should work out of the box.

I know not long ago the measuring functionality was added to the generic zigbee driver with firmware v10.1.0, so maybe there’s a little bug you found.

Please report the issue to homey.app/support, because the generic zigbee driver is maintained by Athom

Thanks I did the repport with some capture. In both case with the aqara app and with the ZigBee protocol on/off don’t work.

Regarding the aqara router do you know if he will have a behavior of a zone border or he will be an additional rooter to the homey?

Regards

I have the same issue with the H2 plug. I hope that it will be fixed soon.