Aqara Presence Sensor FP1E

It’s a pretty bad article though:

“But for something like the Eve Weather that can track temperatures, humidity and barometric pressure to provide precise readings and even predictions, you want access to all of the features. But that isn’t what you get when viewing Eve through a Matter controller.”

And then it shows some bland screenshot from Google Home and compares it with a cool screenshot from the Eve app, showing nice charts and whatnot.

That just says that Google Home is junk. Other Matter controllers, like Homey or Home Assistant, have built-in functionality to create similar charts based on Matter sensor data.

Matter is, like Zigbee originally was, a greatest common denominator standard: it specifies the most common operations for each device type, and standardises those. It cannot possibly support all operations that you may think of without growing to a pig of a standard that nobody will be able to implement fully.

Dedicated apps for devices usually serve 2 purposes:

• collecting user data (because for some reason you almost always have to register with some service)
  • device configuration

Device operation can usually be done using Matter just fine, because like I said, it supports the most common operations.

I have added the FP1e via Aqara M3 Hub.
It worked some hours and stopped updating this morning.

After restarting M3 hub and Homey it works again

I assume you connected it through Matter?

If so, issue a report request to Athom: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360015784034-Submitting-a-support-request

I have the same problem. The Aqara app is recognizing presence in a couple simple automations I made to test it.

But in Homey it has not activated a single flow since installing it.

I managed to get a webhook via IFTTT to kick off an automation in Homey but IFTTT only supports Presence yes or no so the functionality is limited. And I don’t like IFTTT as it is vslow and ery unreliable in my experience and not local activation.

I have a Linptech mmwave sensor arriving tomorrow so will see what it can do. $20 cheaper than Aqara.

Also the Hub E1 does not appear to support everything this sensor can do. Need to look into that more.

Same here.

The problem might also be on the aqara hub and sensor site.
The aqara hub didn’t recognize and transfer all the presence situations to sub systems.

This just in from Aqara…not very specific nor encouraging.

“Based on the Homey platform, we are currently optimizing the compatibility with its APP, so you may not be able to get a good user experience when using this APP for the time being; it’s recommended that you try our Aqara Home app (you can experience more existing private functions) / other third-party ecological platforms with relatively mature systems first; we will also speed up the improvement of this Homey platform and hoping to provide a better user experience in the future.”