[APP][PRO] YouLess, Enelogic, PVOutput - Belgian and Dutch P1 Smart Meter Reader

No problem. App issues can best be posted on github (link is on the app page in the athom appstore). Anyhow, the ledring problem was already registered by someone else, and in fact I have already made a fix. It will be released as soon as Athom approves it.

1 Like

I would definately like the watermeter option! :slight_smile:

Super,

Just to make sure that you already have the following options with the youless for water metering:

• use the optical sensor (can be inaccurate after a while, but no extra cost)
  • use the s0 port on the ls120 with a pulse meter (you need to buy the pulse meter as extra, which is around 80-100 euro)

To have the youless support water metering over the optical sensor from its internal firmware would be as accurate as a pulse meter, but without the extra cost. Please contact youless via this form to ask if they are willing to include it in their firmware: http://www.youless.nl/contactformulier.html

V2.5.5 is pending approval in the appstore. The readme is updated, and a fix was implemented for the ledring during power production.

2 Likes

Hello,

I installed the app and works great.
Connected to home assistand and works also.

Is it possible to add an extra content?
What my solar panels produced total today.

In homeassistant it shows it.
And in homey not.

Hi Gerben, thx for the suggestion. But the totalization of power usage/production over time is something I do not want to incorporate in my app. It should be a reporting feature from Homey itself. Maybe Athom can include more statistical views in insights, or in some other way :soon:

The way I get these type of statistics is to use the Enelogic website. There I get a dashboard with all the energy statistics. This service works with the youless and is free with history limitations, or paid for longer history.

Another way to get totals per day is to make use of Homey variables. See this item: Wie heeft er mooie flows gebaseerd op de opwekking van zonnepanelen en wil die delen?

v2.5.6 was just released in the Homey appstore. It has a small fix for LS120 P1 Gas usage.

1 Like

v2.5.7 was released today in the app store. It brings back the LED ring for legacy (old) Enelogic devices.

V 2.5.9 has just been released in the app store. It adds the possibility to mark the S0 port as a ā€˜cumulativeā€™ meter for Homey V3 Energy.

Did you know by the way that the Youless and Enelogic app is already fully compatible with Homey Energy?

1 Like

V2.6.0 is already here. Now you can mark the S0 port as solar panel meter for Homey V3 Energy.

1 Like

Thank you @Gruijter for adding the option to mark the S0 port as a solar panel meter.

I have another youless S0 device that measures the power consumption to our Electric vehicle (EV). Would be nice if we also can mark the S0 port as an EV for Homey V3 Energy.

Thanks for your awesome app!
Jeroen

1 Like

Thx 4 the compliment :kissing_heart:

Homey Energy has no seperate class for EV. I just name my EV charger ā€˜car chargerā€™ :thinking:, and it shows the energy usage just as any other energy socket. Why would you want EV to behave different in the energy tab from e.g. your dish washer?

FYI Iā€™m using the S0 input of my youless to measure the production of my solar panels. When using the new homey energy function I had to switch the ā€œsolar panelā€ function in the advanced menu of youless S0 off and back on to get homey to see that solar panels produce instead of use electricity.

1 Like

App version 3.0.0 is now available in the app store. This and future updates will only be compatible Homey firmware 3+ due to the added capability switching from the device settings. You can now disable/enable production on the fly for instance

Changelog:
Compatibility Homey V3+. Fixed readme images. Device pairing process updated. Capability switching added in device

I still donā€™t get it to work. I have Ā©2x a Youless 120 with firmware v1.4.3-PO on it. one Youless120 is used to measure the output of my solarpanels, the other one is measuring my bruto energy consumption.
Both are connected to a DIN rail kWh meter via the S0 option.

The upload of data to PVoutput works flawlessly, howeverā€¦I miss the same data via the app in my Homey

I run the latest verion of your app. I add both the Youless devices via the ā€˜LS110/120 Eā€™ option as is adviced in the Help menu.

The result is that I only see the ā€˜meterstandā€™ of the youless, but not the actual ā€˜S0 meterstandā€™ā€¦soā€¦the result is 0W energy

There is your problem. You need -EL firmware

the -PO firmware does not provide local readout of the energy data.

Also this does not make sense if you connected the solar panels to the S0 port. You should use the LS120 S0 driver to read out the S0 port. Where in the help menu does it say you need to add it as LS110/120 E?

I ordered a YouLess LS120 to track my P1 data and S0 data for my solar panels. Iā€™am a bit confused witch device I must choose in Homey, the P1 or S0? I understand that if I choose the S0 there is less data available on P1 correct?

P1 is the connection that can only be used for your smart meter. It will monitor your power and gas totals for your entire home.

S0 is a connection that can be used for pulse meters. So if your solar panels provide a S0 compatible pulse output, you can use it to monitor the power production of your panels.

The youless LS120 supports simultaneous connection of P1 and S0 on 1 youless device. If you use the -EL firmware in the youless Homey can read all data from both P1 and S0 without problem. But you have to add it as 2 seperate devices in Homey (P1 and S0). During pair of S0 you can select that you use the S0 as power meter (and not as water meter). After pairing, you can go to the device settings and select that it is a solar panel meter (meaning, it is measuring power production in stead of power usage)

I hope this clears things upšŸ¤—

Loud and clear :sweat_smile: Thank you for your quick response :+1:

FYI: The Youless LS120 is compatible with

• Dutch and Flamish smart meters via P1 (including day/night tariff, production/usage, and gas)
  • any S0 pulse meter
  • any meter that can be read with a optical sensor (e.g. LED pulse or turning wheel)

For Flamish-Belgian P1 smart meters you need to install new firmware:

http://www.youless.nl/blogpost/items/ls120-fw143-vlaanderen.html

For Homey to be able to read out the youless it is required to install the -EL version firmware.