[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

If there are none, they have been removed already. Are you sure you have the LAN mode enabled for your lights? Else they won’t be discovered as well.

Yes, LAN mode was already enabled. I just checked a few and it is still on.

• tried to install again via the yeelight app; still no devices found…
  • checked the router for DHCP bindings to IP; all correct; still no devices found.

Are your lights on the same LAN as Homey? And a long shot, try to reboot your router before trying to pair.

Your long shot worked! :slight_smile:
I would never expected that, but resetting the router did the trick. Thanks for your insights and assistance!

v1.1.1 - 2020-03-01

Added action cards for saving and restoring the state of the light which is usefull for switching between scenes.

I’m about to buy Homey and have looked at different type of switches, I love the look of Aqara (Xiaomi) switches but have had a hard time finding a nice rotating dimmer, Yeelight’s Smart dimmer is the same size as Xiaomis (I guess it’s the same company that makes them). Does this app support the Yeelight Smart dimmer switch? tried searching here but couldn’t confirm it. Thanks in advance!

Nope, the dimmer does not have WiFi and an API to control it.

@Lasse1 https://www.robbshop.nl/slimme-verlichting/smart-dimmers

Quick question to all you Homey / Yeelight integration gurus.

I’ve got my 650 ceiling light turning on at night in a dimmed state (night mode) when the motion sensor is triggered. After a timeout the lamp turns off automatically.

As a manual switch I use a Yeelight Dimmer (bluetooth). A dimmer (similar to regular bluetooth remote) always turns on the lamp in its last state (i.e. the option in Yeelight own app to revert the lamp to a specific fixed state after powercycle does not affect the operation with bluetooth remote).

As I want the lamp to turn on by Yeelight Dimmer in the regular mode (not night mode) I have to revert it (via dedicated flow) to regular day mode each time before it turns off at night. Everything works then as intended, but the downside is the lamp flashes momentarily (when it switches from night mode to regular day mode) before turning off at night. Is there a way to do what I want differently to avoid this flashing?

Hello

I have Yeelight YLXD42YL 480mm. In iPhone app it is model: yeelink.light.ceiling15.
In iPhone app (Yeelight) I can set night mode, but in Homey I can’t see this function.
In Homey I can set ambilight, but this light have not amlilight LED.

I have Yeelight JIAOYUE YLXD04YL 450 LED (model: “ceiling3”) is in Homey everything OK.

thanks

That’s a new model which hasnt been added to the Homey app yet. I’ll add it somewhere this week but after the app update you will need to re-pair your yeelink.light.ceiling15 to get the right capabilities in Homey.

1 Like

a734e012-c2e1-4675-a134-76e2ae2a06c7

Can not conect to homey
What do I wong

There a no errors in that submitted log so it probably is some configuration on your end.

What do you mean with “Can not connect to Homey”. Do you not see your device during pairing or are they unable to pair? If you do not see them, did you read the instructions from the app page or at the start of this topic (RTFM) and enable the LAN mode?

If so, what device model are you trying to pair (you can find this in the Yeelight mobile app).

Hi

I have enabled lan mode in app

I got the lamps yesterday and installed them in the yeelight app

But homey can’t get connected

It writes (no new devices)

It’s a ceilling 10

Have restarted: homey
Have restarted: app
Has restarted: router

What am I doing wrong

Do you have any special network configuration where Homey is not on the same subnet?

Or could it be your router is blocking UDP broadcasts? Some more info on this here: https://superuser.com/questions/1287485/udp-broadcasting-not-working-on-some-routers

v1.1.2 - 2020-05-18

Add support for YLXD42YL (ceiling15).

This requires re-pairing for previously added YLXD42YL devices.

Have the same issue, with No new devices.

I removed the two Yeelights I previously had added in Homey/Xiaomi via the Devices tab -> Properties -> Remove Device. They are accessible via the native (non-Homey) Yeelight app, and LAN control is enabled. Tried restarting both the bulb (on/off), the Yeelight app, restarted Homey & removed the Xiaomi app, so far to no avail.

Any ideas?

Is Homey within the same sub network as the Yeelights. The mDNS broadcast might not be able to hop between networks and thus not discover the devices.

Yes, same LAN. I even got the IP reservations for the Yeelights since before.

I have created a debug branch on Github which will spit out extra logging on the console when using the command homey app run from the command line. If you dont know how to use the Homey command line check out this tutorial.