[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

It says it supports Miya. This is the closed protocol from Xiaomi. So it might be supported by the Xiaomi Mi Home app. I don’t see anything about support for the open protocol used by Yeelights lights. So no, it probably won’t be supported by this app.

Yes, the behavior is exactly as you describe. Thanks for looking into this.

Do you know how to run the app from the command line so I can gather extra debug loggin using homey app run? How to do this is described here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

And you can use this debug branch: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.yeelight/tree/debug

I’m a complete noob in that, but I’ll try. I should install v.1.1.0 from github, right?

NVM I think I got what I need to do. So I downloaded the ZIP file from the debug branch on github, logged in via node.js command line, navigated to the folder where I unzipped the contents of the ZIP file and ran a “homey app run” command. “com.yeelight” app was successfully installed. It also reported:

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2020-02-06 23:13:39 [log] [YeelightApp] Initializing Yeelight app …

What should I do next?

First change the color from a flow tag. And after change the color from the device card.

Done. Should I get a log or something else somehow?

OK, have read the above posts on using the debug…

I don’t have any additional lines in the debug log after launching the flow which changes the ambilight color (the flow works OK though, changes the color etc.) or trying to change the ambilight color manually via long-press on the device card (still does not work). I’m only able to get a new line in the log when I restart the app.

Are you sure you have downloaded the debug branch from Github?

It should spit out extra lines similar like this:

2020-02-06 23:25:49 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [yeelight] [0] changing color with values: HUE: 0.98, SAT: 0.99
2020-02-06 23:25:49 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [yeelight] [0] Command to light send: {"id":1,"method":"bg_set_hsv","params":[351.82,99, "smooth", 500]}
2020-02-06 23:26:17 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [yeelight] [0] changing color with values: HUE: 0.36, SAT: 0.88
2020-02-06 23:26:17 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [yeelight] [0] Command to light send: {"id":1,"method":"bg_set_hsv","params":[129.24,88, "smooth", 500]}```

Just tried to download an run again.

After “homey app run” I get the following lines:
C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\com.yeelight-debug2>homey app run
✓ Pre-processing app…
✓ Validating app…
✓ Homey App validated successfully against level debug
✓ Packing Homey App…
✓ Pruning dev dependencies…
— App size: 856.5 KB
✓ Installing Homey App on Malyshi Homey Pro (https://192-168-1-14.homey.homeylocal.com)…
✓ Homey App com.yeelight successfully installed
✓ Running com.yeelight, press CTRL+C to quit
— Profile your app’s performance at https://go.athom.com/app-profiling?homey=5…a&app=com.yeelight
─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2020-02-07 01:42:02 [log] [YeelightApp] Initializing Yeelight app …

Looks like the debug version is running, right? I really don’t know what I’m doing :slight_smile:

I still can’t get any lines in the log appearing when I change the ambilight color (even though if I do it in flow it works). I’m only able to get a new line written in the log when I restart the app.

OK, so I deleted and repaired my ceiling light and all of a sudden it works as it should. I also get the log lines now when changing the color / main light temperature. No changes except re-pairing the light, the app version is still from debug branch.

Now on to reinstalling the app version from the store and recreating the device cards in the flows. Long night ahead :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking into the issue, Jelger!

Could it be you still had your Yeelights paired with the Xiaomi Mi Home app. Soms time back the Yeelights got their own app. Glad it’s sorted though.

I definitely had the ceiling lamp migrated to Yeelights app already a while ago. I would suspect it paired initially with a wrong device type or something akin the issue resolved in v.1.0.5. Not sure why the debug driver did not log until I re-paired the light though…

Whatever it was it’s fixed now, so one happy bunny here :slight_smile:

v1.1.0 - 2020-02-13

Fixed issue with dim duration. Added action cards for onoff, dim and temperature for ambilight (ceiling 650 and meteorite).

Since there is now a backup feature, coming from V1.5.3 I recently upgraded to the lasted version of homey and connected apps.

Besides some minor issues all works quite well now and backups are running nightly.

Yesterday I decided to change the previous Xiaomi Wifi app for the dedicated Yeelight app. At first it looked like all was working well but then several Yeelights were dropping out with a famous triangle.

After that I thought 2 apps for the Yeelights probably was too much so I deleted the old Xiaomi app. The devices were then automatically gone too… Tried to do a re-pair with the Yeelight app, but unfortunately no lights are found anymore. I even tried to reset 1 light (5x power off) but still nothing is found.

What am I missing here? Any suggestions?

Make sure you remove the lights using the Xiaomi app. Removing the app won’t remove the devices. This will prevent them to be discovered as Homey sees the devices as already paired.

Aha, sounds logical.

How do I do that? Reinstall the Xiaomi app? Fist uninstall the Yeelight app too?

Yes, reinstall through app store. No need to first remove the Yeelights app. Under Xiaomi app settings you can see which devices are still paired.

Installed, but I do not see any connected devices…
Maybe I’m not looking properly? Is there another way to find still paired devices?