[APP][Pro] Splines [Abandoned]

As I am super unhappy with athom (and @Emile in person) I decided to stop any work on this app and removed it from the store. Sorry folks, if you wan’t to disuss this you can do so with athom, I won’t be available for any homey related support.

10 Likes

V1.4.0

• New button to duplicate a spline
  • Small fixes and improvements

V1.3.0

• Live testing
  • Time based query works on all splines
  • Small fixes and improvements

V1.2.0

• fixed an issue where min/max values were not respected
  • option to manually set the amount of digits of the result, improved homey v4.x compatibility
  • improved homey v4.x compatibility

V1.1.2

• initial release

[reserved as well]

[Reserved too]

Cool! will definitely experiment with this when I’ve got a bit of spare time :wink:

Interesting, have to think about some useful use case’s. Maybe you can add a third dimension (z), which can be used for day of week? In that case this can be used as program for a thermostat for instanc?

1 Like

I was waiting for a solution exactly like this, so big KUDOS.

I have created my first Spline, for the toilet lights (motion detector or button) to automatically dim to a certain percentage. So I have a flow that queries the Spline. But now how to dim the light to exactly the value set in the Spline? I would think that the spline is availalbe as a TAG, but it is not. So not sure how to set the dim level now.

Edit: I should read your description better…

So I read the description, but still unsure how to change the 10% dim level to the queried value.

If this is in the app, let me know, but for me this would make the app much better.

• Create a flow, that queries the Spline value, then writes the Value to a TAG
  • Being able to use the TAG value in another flow
1 Like

I haven’t been able to try it myself yet, but can’t you write the spline value to a variable?
As soon as the variable changes you can take the value as TAG in several flows.
But I agree with you. If the spline values were directly available as TAG it would be helpful.

Btw, the way you set up your flow, doesn’t the light turn on directly at 10% dimming level no matter if motion is detected or not?
The trigger of the flow is the query of the spline value. So if the query of the spline value is completed, then the dimming level is set to 10%. With Hue lamps, for example, the lamp is then switched on immediately (at a dimming level of 10%).

Greetings from neighborhood… :wink:

Hi @DirkG .

The flow I showed, used to be starting with “when this flow is started”. And works flawlessly. This Hue Lamp turns on actually when using, dim to xx %. It does not need to be on, or turned on. Dimming to a value is enough. But I can’t figure out how to get the queried value into the dim card.

I guess this app is only useful if the spline behaviour is nonlinear? Most slow dimming would otherwise be easier with transitions. Or are there other uses?

But the flow will also be executed when „Query completed WC Boven“. Or am I wrong?

This is what I said.

Create a numeric variable and this flow:

Every time the spline „Dimmlevel“ changed, the variable „VariableSpline“ will be updated with the „Dimmlevel“ value.
The „VariableSpline“ can now be used as TAG for whatever you want.

I still can not figure out how to get the spline calculated value in the logic.
What am I missing here?

You need the localtag from Splines. But in the Homey Web App the localtag from Splines isn’t shown. I guess this is a bug of HWA.
So please use the Homey App.

This explains a lot.
I almost never use the app, as I completely dislike the interface on my phone.

Now I got the value into the logic and can use it.
Thank you for figuring this out for me.

Hi @DirkG, what does HWA stand for?

Homey Web App
I was too lazy to write out the words… :wink:

If you don’t like the interface on your phone, you can also use Homey Flow.
But I didn’t checked, if there is the same problem with the localtag.

Yes, it is an issue in the Homey Web App, the tag does appear in the Homey Flow webpage, which used to be my go to before the web app. Do you know where I can report an issue with the HWA?

The feedback button is not always visible for me. You may need to allow trackers, popups, etc. for the page.