[APP] SENZ-WIFI (nVent Raychem)

Hello all.

First of all, I want to say thank you for all your contributions to this app. Secondly, I want to suggest a feature, if it is at all possible.

I have a flow setup that uses this app to alter the temperature on my senz module.
However, I noticed a couple of days ago that even though the flow had executed correctly, the temperature had not been changed. And the app had completely lost connection to the senz-module. I had to use the repair-function, and log in again to senz cloud inside the app, and then the app could control the senz module again.

Now here comes the feature request :slight_smile:

Is it possible to create some form av alert when a flow tries to change the temperature, but is unable to do so? Or is the request to the senz module to change the temperature asynchronous and receives no response?

Please note that I am not talking about the ā€œregularā€ disconnected/connected events, as these seem to happen every three days, and the app manages to connect itself after it has experienced a disconnect event.

Yep, via Error in advanced flows I guess - just tested recently when I tried to change temp on 6 thermostats in parallel, I know that it reported API error.
But best would be basically to execute and then check set valueā€¦

obrazek

I had those issues but since I adjusted my Wifi settings, itā€™s ok - and I got random disconnections just probably due to the roaming only [have 2 APs] - check thread above.

This is a magnificient solution, thank you for that :smiley: Iā€™ll just wait 30 seconds in between setting the temp and checking the temp, and if the received temp is not the same as the one set, Iā€™ll popup an alert from the Homey-app on the phone!

Hi

In my Thermostat can I setup 3 different programs but in the homey app only choose ā€œProgramā€. Is there a way to close a specified program?
I wish to activate different programs after the energi hour price.

Unfortunately not, if I understood Edwin well, itā€™s limitation of how ā€œthermostatā€ in Homey is implemented.

The way Iā€™m handling it :

• using constant mode/program, when Iā€™m away (eg. 17Ā°C)
  • changing back to Programm schedule when someone is Home

From time to time I change the Program in the official app itself,eg. when itā€™s really coldā€¦ so using like Autumn and Winter ā€œmodesā€.

There are even other possibilities, like using Homey Heating Scheduler (ā€¦not yet on SDk3 :frowning: )

1 Like

Hi Peter,
Sharkys is right, the change from Program 1 to 2 and 3 has not been implemented through the API. It is only possible to switch from Constant mode to Program mode using the API. When doing the switch from Constant Mode to Program Mode, the last used Program (1, 2 or 3) will be selected again.

There are however many possibilities to update the setpoint using flows in Homey to adapt the heating schedule to your needs and based on the electricity price or based on other external factors. In order to do this, you might end up writing flows using external sensors, information on electricity prices and basic or complex logics.

1 Like

My thermostats now suddenly say Missing token. If I go to senz app in homey and restart it, it shows the temp for few secs and then again red triangle with exclamation mark and device unavailable, missing token.
The diagnostic message is ffaa7a1a-232a-40ba-9563-fc23090f6a0b

Try Maintenance - Try to repair, re-enter your credential, provide approvals and then restart the app, so all thermostats will get updated. It works for mr every time,happens regularly like 1 time per 2 months or so

1 Like

How? You mean that I should uninstall it from Homey? Restart does not really help, If I have to uninstall from homey, donĀ“t I lose all the automation that IĀ“ve done?

NO, do not uninstall - just go to the settings of one of the Thermostat inside of Homey. Do not uninstall anything, just do the maintenance.

Search for maintenance action, there are screenshots

1 Like

OK Thanks. Seems that only one needed to be ā€œrepairedā€, all thermostats are now operational. Is there coming a permanent fix? Can the app be repaired so that it reconnects automatocally?

I donā€™t think itā€™s fault of the app as itā€™s probably really due to the token expiration - however itā€™s not happening so often. Just from time to time.

I have for some of the connectivity lost events following :

1 Like

I will look into it when I have the time. Was working on a update a while ago.

1 Like

I noticed a pull request in Homey oAuth2 which should solve the missing token issue.

Waiting for Athom to merge itā€¦

2 Likes

The last couple of days my flows stops with error when trying to set mode. Setting temp works fine and i have tried the repair so the token works.

Anyone else?

Hi, I did some testing, and the API for changing mode seems to be working on the server and in the SENZ WIFI app, so it must be a problem with the Homey SENZ WIFI app integration.
@evdpol, can you have a look?
If I can do anything to help, please tell me what you need.

2 Likes

I will do some more testing when I get back home. What is your Homey version?

2 Likes

Pro early 2019

1.4.2 on senz

Homey Pro (early 2019) and version 8.1.3.
SENZ WIFI app 1.4.2

Did some more testing.

In homey i can change both mode and temp on all units (3) when i open them up. The change shows within 0.5 seconds in the mobile Senz-Wifi mobile app.
In flows none of them can trigger a mode change and all of them can trigger a temperature change.