[APP][Pro] Uponor Smatrix

Hello community,

In my quest to migrate completely from Home Assistant to Homey Pro, I have created an app for my Uponor underfloor heating system.

It currently only supports the Uponor Smatrix Pulse system as I have that system at home to test with, but it might also work with Smatrix Wave (if they share the same custom application protocol).

Features

• Works fully locally (LAN), no Internet / cloud connection needed
  • Auto-discovery based on the MAC manufacturer prefix of Uponor
  • Enter an IP address manually if for some reason auto-discovery does not work in your network
  • Each room thermostat is added as an individual device, so you get room-level insight and control
  • Automatically gets the user-configured name of each thermostat (from the Uponor app), so user-friendly device names out of the box
  • Currently supports reading the temperature (every minute) and setting the target temperature (setpoint)

Coming soon

• Support for thermostat mode control (auto/heating/cooling/off)
  • Support for other thermostat and controller models (depending on community testing)

Eye candy
Some screenshots to convince you that this is a legit app :sweat_smile:

Source code
Of course the code for this app is open source and available on GitHub.

Enjoy and let me know if this app helps you manage your Uponor system!

3 Likes

Nice I was hoping for this. But for me it doesn’t work. I suppose smatrix pulse isn’t the same thing?

Nvm works fine!

The app works fine mostly. But I have two issues, which we can hopefully easily fix.

1. Some of my rooms have the “Could not connect to Uponor controller on IP address 10.0.1.249” error. Although not all of them and its all the same controller. I have about 8 rooms which a uponor wall unit thing. So maybe we can do something with a higher timeout? or?

2. I get slightly different reading compared to their app. Thing like: room temperature is set to 20.1c while the app says 20c. Not a biggy.

Hi!

1. Usually it works to restart the Uponor app from the Homey settings. I’m working on an update that tries to reconnect automatically. This is mainly caused by the Uponor communication module being quite unstable. You can also try to override the IP address in the device settings so that it doesn’t rely on network discovery.

2. Homey only allows the temperature property to be set with increments of 0.5 degrees (to fit the UI elements for thermostat control). So unfortunately I cannot show the temperature more fine-grained than this.

1 Like

Great to have the Uponor Smatrix app available on Homey Pro, I have been looking for this for a while :grin:

Here are some initial feedbacks:

• When I try to change the temperature set point from the app when the “Eco” mode is active, I seem to get wrong temperature set point in Uponor system app? Seems like it is not compensating for the “Eco” set point?
  • Would also be great if you could include “humidity” and “battery” status in the app😉

Hi, thanks for using the app and your feedback!

I’ll have a look into Eco mode. I never use it personally (because underfloor heating works best when kept at a stable temperature in my experience). There are separate API properties for Eco mode settings, so I would have assumed that the Uponor controller calculates this offset by itself.

I personally don’t have humidity and battery data (I’m using a wired system, and I don’t have humidity sensors in the thermostats), so in order to implement this, I would need a copy of the API data you’re receiving (you can find debug data in the device settings, simply enable it and copy the contents here or in a private message).

Chris