[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

My experiences with the updated app:
When I add my gateway, it adds it 3 times:

But was able to delete 2 of them.

It shows all 4 devices and could add a button, doorsensor and motion sensor. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to add the gateway itself as device (which should be the 4th one) so I could control it’s lightring.
See the screenshots below from Mi Homey app from Maxmudjon from the Community Store:

In the new app it asks for a token when I want to add the gateway as a device, but in Maxmudjon’s version I could add it the same way as any other device connected to the gateway…

that’s strange, it works for me fine, added as device after I have configured app itself (not sure it’s v2 or v3 - its the older one from around 2019?) - please always share diag.report.

I remember though one thing - I was rewriting IP and token, as it was 0000000 - but as mentioned, this part works flawlessly for me.

Please also note that Gateway is now 1 device only, previously it was 3 - Gat5way, Radio and Security

I’ll see if I can implement some logic to make it work on both older and newer models with the same driver.

Send vacuum to coordinates has been available since the start but after I renamed the driver I forgot to connect it to the new driver. Will be fixed in the next release.

About a room layout changed trigger. Any clue what that value looks like? Is it the list with room segment ID’s as now saved under the advanced settings that is changed? If so, that wouldnt be hard to implement.

And thanx for the donation, much appreciated :pray:

Code is the pretty much the same as Mi Homey, havent looked at it. Perhaps a glitch.

Yes, this works as a WiFi device as it always has in the Xiaomi Mi Home app. Functionality is the same though. I only merged the three different drivers of the Mi Homey app with the existing gateway driver of the Xiaomi Mi Home app. All should work fine and has been tested already.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure what you mean here or what I could do to add it as a device. Hope we understand each other correctly, so I sent you 2 small movies by PM (to not share too much info publically) to illustrate how it worked in the old app and in the new. Perhaps that clearifies it.
I also added a diagn. report.

I don’t know precisely how it works. But when you change a floor in de xiaomi app, than the order/ numbers of the room ID’s changed.

For example
My main floor is: 16, 17, 18, 19
And the first floor is: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

In the past the main floor was: 16, 17, 18, 19
And the first floor; 17, 19, 18, 16

Is there something I’ve to look for?

This is what I needed to know. Will be implemented in the next release.

1 Like

Are you referring to @Arjan-21’s message or mine, @Phuturist? :slight_smile:

To @Arjan-21 . According to the log you send me you are just using a wrong token for you gateway.

Thank you! :pray:

2023-03-12 - v3.1.9 - TEST

This release is a complete rewrite of the app including many breaking changes. The app has been fully rewritten with SDK3 to make it futureproof. This new version also merged the devices from the community app Mi Homey. Some previously paired devices might continu to work but please re-pair your devices and/or fix your flows before reporting any issue. If the issue persists after re-pair please report it on the community forum or Github.

I have just published a new test version to the test channel of the app store and I’m looking for people to properly test this version as it will contain bugs. As the release also contains breaking changes the only way to properly test it if you encounter an issue is by re-pairing the device and/or fix your flows and test if the issues still persists. If so, please report it here or preferably on Github .

If you want to go back to the live version you will have to re-pair and/or fix your flows again as both versions are not fully back- and forwards compatible.

Updates in 3.1.9

• Add logic so vacuum totals are shown for different types of vacuumcleaners with different implementations under the advanced driver
  • Fix the go-to-target action card for the vacuum advanced driver not being displayed
  • Add trigger card for changes in rooms segments (indicating an update of the rooms or the selection of a different floor map)
  • Add errors under vacuum device settings. Upon error it also triggers the vacuum status trigger card with the actual error description
  • Probably not but this might also fix the pairing of lumi.relay.c2acn01 which arent discovered

The test version can be installed through this link: Xiaomi Mi Home | Homey

3 Likes

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Beware there is already SDK3 compatible version :wink:

Please don’t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your promise.

DONE :
Sharkys - €15 - done + €10 done
Glenn_Seegers - €50 - DONE €25 :clap: + €25 if updated with the newer devices
JaccoStraaijer - €15 - DONE :clap:
caaaasper €10, DONE :clap:
Wout_van_den_Dool - €25 - DONE :clap:
M_a_r_c_o - €15 - pledge :clap: (confirmed via PM)
RonnO - €20 - DONE :clap:
Inunekko - €25 DONE :clap:
Maurits - €10 - DONE :clap: (confirmed via PM)
Hannes85 - €15 - DONE :clap:
JPe4619 - €25 - DONE :clap:
Zawinul - €25 - DONE :clap:
@Glenn_Dijkstra - €25 (in case of update of the original app) - :+1: DONE ??

To be done:
@Jan_Peeters - €25 - pledge :+1:

Sum pledged : €265
Sum already donated : €235 or €260 (based on updates in the thread - please update thread if you donated)

:face_with_monocle: Goal 399 € not reached yet :face_with_monocle: …but getting there :wink:

Paypal link - PayPal.Me (always rely on info provided by Jelger Haanstra - @Phuturist - double-check his Paypal links prior to donation)

Condition fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 compatible version published - DONE
(but still in progress as the rewrite was massive, also HP2023 tested !!)

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

Withdrawals :
@Henk_Renting - €25 - withdrawn :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I am withdrawing my pledge of 25 euro. :smiling_face_with_tear:

It has gotten clear in a private chat with Jelger (private since I made example movies that would expose too much information imo) that I will not be able to use my gateway as a device (control it’s light, etc) the way I used to with MaxMudjon’s HCS app.

It is unable to retrieve a token for my gateway for some reason and without it, you cannot add it as a device. Adding the gateway in the app settings can be done by mac address and password too; no token needed there. But for adding the gateway as a device it does, which is a change compared to Maxmudjon’s HCS app.

Since Jelger wrote that adding the gateway as a device without having it’s token will not be possible, I unfortunately am moving away from this app.

1 Like

Done

1 Like

As the reaction of Henk might raise questions and it does not include the full context, let me explain.

The radio, sound effect, home alarm, light etc of the gateway can still be added in the same way any WiFi device can be added. This has always been the way it works in the Xiaomi Mi Home app. Retrieving it’s token is a 2 minute job and well explained. I don’t know why Henk is making such a big deal about that saying he can’t use the app like this for his Zigbee needs (which is working exactly like before).

Where the Mi Homey app required you too have added the gateway under the device settings before being able to add it as a wifi devices for its own functionality I have chosen for this implementation as it separates the wifi devices from the gateway sub devices. It’s a cleaner architecture and easier to maintain.

4 Likes

Domnt want (and will) not start the whole discussion here again, but what Jelger wrote here above is at best only partly true.
The way of adding the gateway as a device for controlling it’s light might be the same in the app that was in the Homey app store (never used that one) but different in the one that was in the Community App Store.
In the last app, you only had to add the gateway in the app device settings by mac and password and then you could add the gateway (light) as a device in the same way as any other device. That is; click on add, choose the app, choose the gateway and then the app automatically finds the gatway and adds it without entering any extra information. No token needed.

In Jelgers app I have to enter the device token when adding the gateway as a device, which was shown by the vids I sent him.
As I have explained a few times jn the pm and here above I am for some reason unable to retrieve the token for this gateway. In any way, I have put a lot of time in it some time ago. Too bad, but it is what it is.

1 Like

That’s exactly the same as what I described above. And i keep explaining why this is different. I never promised to mimic the functionality of Mi Homey. I promised to merge the two apps which i did.

You could have spend the time writing these posts on retrieving the token (which has become super easy with step 1 from this explanation) but for some reason you choose to keep debating this design choice.

But let’s keep it with this, don’t use my app (also not for its Zigbee devices) if that saves you two minutes of your time.

3 Likes

Just donated to @Phuturist. Succesfully added the Purifier, the Humidfier also is reconized but after adding it wont update its status or is able to control the device.

5f18e1c9-9a9d-426c-b811-70bcfe097de9

1 Like

Uhm, isn’t getting a token as easy as loggin into a Mac / Windows app? That’s how I do it, and it takes less than 10 seconds.

2 Likes

This fixed my vacuum cleaners and their values are now populated. Love your dedication Phuturist.

Donated 15 €

2 Likes

I believe I have been clear enough (in our PM and here above) that it is not a matter of choice, but that it just didn’t work for my device/situation. In any way. I have already put in a lot of effort and wasn’t able to retrieve the token. I saved the mac and password in the past, so I could re-use that again now.
I know retrieving the token should be easy and it seems so, but unfortunately it hasn’t worked in my case.

1 Like