[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

The Whatssapp device will not install on my iphone. Is there a problem?

@Lamkram If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Edit: try to connect via the webapp might work aswell :wink:

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: update Whatsapp SDK

FIXES:
1: -

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

2 Likes

I got a prepaid SIM card and used that number when asked for your phone number. Then i get a notification damt Homey tries to connect. ifill in te code in the whatsapp on the phone with the prepaid SIM card and then it goes wrong cause Homey webapp says go on but on the phone it hangs on login. and afer some time it says paring faild. BTW i use whatsapp busniss.

@FERRY_Dekker

gedaan

@FERRY_Dekker theres a timeout in the connection. Do you have something like a pi-hole in your network?

No i donā€™ t have anything like that in my network

@FERRY_Dekker unfortunately not much i can do. This is something in your network.
But maybe when you try again it will workā€¦it also depends on the servers of whatsapp ofcourse

Ok thnx anyway . I will try it again sometime this week with my samsung s21. Maybe it is te old phone( samsung galaxt s4) that gives the problem.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen I was wondering if you have looked at implementing " WhatsApp Pollā€™s" as additional feature?
Would be great to have this as a feature to interact with Homey by selecting a bullet rather than entering text.

@Ollem will have a look. Last time i checked it was not possible

Thanks for looking into to this!

I asked ChatGPT and it returned this - but no idea if it real or hallucinationā€¦ :slight_smile:

# Construct the poll message payload
poll_message = {
    "to": "whatsapp_number@s.whatsapp.net", # Replace with the recipient's WhatsApp number
    "type": "poll",
    "poll": {
        "name": poll_question,
        "options": poll_options
    }
}

Yet searching the web I found this:

@Ollem haha. This app uses a different Method. Which is using the WhatsApp web websockets. So is not the same as you send me

Hi it worked with my S21 but now i made a group and it worked once. If i test again their is not comming any reply in the group i made. homey says test is oke green V. but in the group no message. Any idea what is going wrong?

@FERRY_Dekker so its not really clear what youā€™re trying to do.
Can you share your flow?

@FERRY_Dekker and it worked once?
Then probably the connection is lost again

Please send a diagnostic report after running this flow again

Done

@FERRY_Dekker yep connection has dropped. Try to repair the connection via the repair device option. In the Homey webapp right mouse click on the whatsapp device and press repair