[APP][Pro] Birthdays for Homey

forum_banner (9)

Birthdays for Homey

This app allows you to set reminders of birthdays or e.g. use the WhatsApp app for Homey to send a congratulations directly to the birthday person.

Currently has support for:

• :speech_balloon: Set birthday information and get all the details in tokens.
  • :world_map: Create Image tag and used it for sending a birthday card. (only with advanced flows)
  • :warning: The trigger card will check and trigger the flow at midnight every day.

Download in the Homey App Store!

:gear: To use this app, you need install it, after that go to your app settings and enter the requested information to set a birthday to the list and start making flows (Note BirthYear is not required).

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

:uk: :netherlands: :de: :fr: :it: :sweden: :norway: :es: :denmark: :ru: :poland:

Example Flow

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contributions

If you appreciate this apps, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

or buy me a couple of :beers: or a :coffee: with iDeal or Bunq.me or become a surporter on Patreon

5 Likes

:ok_hand:

1 Like

:sparkles: Version 0.1.3

New Live version!

Changelog
New: First Release

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Birthdays - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

Future updates

Meaning of icons:
:white_check_mark: - Fixed
:x: - Fix not possible

Issues:

1. None

Future functions:

1. Global tokens (to use with condition card)

Wishes:

1. Calendar integration with birthday list

In next update:

If you have any wishes, please respond to this post with a comment.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m probably doing something wrong, but it worked once and now I get the error message as shown in the attached pictures when I tested it.

@Ad_van_Liempt Please send a report with your name in the comment. In your screenshots, I don’t see any errors.

56bcb599-b365-49b0-9853-8b2cd468d5d9

@Ad_van_Liempt Report is clean. Reboot app and all is fixed. For next time fill in the whole form (ex or included BirthYear) Before adding it to the list.

Everything (was) filled in. but deleted the contact, restarted the app and entered a new contact, but unfortunately the same result. Must be just me

:sparkles: Version 0.1.5

New Test version!

Changelog
New: Edit birthdays in list // @martijnpoppen
Fix: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘name’) // @Ad_van_Liempt
Changes: One Save button for all functions (save add and edit birthdays) // @martijnpoppen

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Birthdays - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

Why is it necessary to fill in an phone number? I just want to to have a reminder of a birthday or play a birthday song when wakeup. or calculate how many day’s till the date and put this on a dashboard.

:sparkles: Version 0.2.1

New Live version!

Changelog
New: New action card to get today birthdays

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app and create a issue

19b075c1-714f-49f4-9d16-f1a68b96a96f.

I still have the same problems with the latest test version. Everything is filled in correctly. Restarted everything but unfortunately.

If I use the AND card No variables are found
IF
6:30
AND
sombebody’s birthday
THEN

I would suggest that if year of borth or message is empty You fill in 0000 and EMPTY.
Using logical cards I can then send a message
From a lot of people I don’t kno the year of birth.

The Issue descibed by Ad is also an issue with me

@Paul_van_Ulft @Ad_van_Liempt will create a fix in upcoming days! See [APP][Pro] Birthdays for Homey - #4 by LRvdLinden

1 Like

Returning to year of birth. That field is not required. It then fills the token with 0.

Good point. I will only make name and birthday required! See [APP][Pro] Birthdays for Homey - #4 by LRvdLinden

Could you use this app also for wedding anniversaries or other annual dates not just birthdays?

Hello. Congratulations on this new app.
Just installed and testing. (Version 0.2.1) Most of it works properly, but I still encounter 1 problem. I have 1 precise date where I have 2 birthdays, the app apparently cannot handle that, when I create a test flow with a timeline notification or WhatsApp I only receive the 1st birthday of the 2 that are configured on this day.
The 2nd birthday disappears into nature

What would also be useful is to add an edit button to change data instead of having to enter everything again. Will this be in one of the next updates?

Thank you