[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

@Kevin_Ponsen see post above. I hope this fixes your issue. you can install the TEST version by clicking the version number in the post above. After that green install button to install the app on your Homey (it will auto update to the TEST version)

test installed
app restarted
login with code
report created
344bf28a-92b5-498c-a954-96a0f3f9696c

@Kevin_Ponsen does that mean it works or not? :sweat_smile:

Edit: report looks perfect, no errors

for now im still logged in so i think its fixed :smiley: can tell tomorrow i think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i thought i make a report maybe you can see already if there are errors or not just in case

In that case :crossed_fingers:

I’ve been playing a little bit with this app, and it works good! My only question is, is there any way you can use the quick reply buttons?

1 Like

@Seniix3 please elaborate what you mean

@martijnpoppen Like that Homey send an message to my Whatsapp with the question ‘Did you put the trashcan outside’ with buttons yes & no. Same like some companies have these days in Whatsapp when you talk to one of their bots.

Example:

@Seniix3 aha so you’re asking for button support
Not possible at the moment unfortunately

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.22.3):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: None

FIXES:
1: FIX: repair not properly storing session into Whatsapp device, causing logouts

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

3 Likes

i thinks its fixed yes :smiley: im not logged out yet :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes, this does the trick!

1 Like

Nice!!!

I just restarted my app. I will keep an eye on it as well.

Maybe you can make a card that detects the login status? (just an idea)
like “wahatsapp is loggedout” and we could just restart the app on a schedule if it loggs out from different reasons like phone offline, etc

3 Likes

@Valentin_Ciopei yeah should be possible. In theory WA should resolve itself. Now that i made this fix, but i guess i can make something like that

1 Like

Hello, and thank you for the work!
Finally a well-made Whatsapp app that does not require a connection to external servers other than Whatsapp.
I have already replaced most of my push notifications using a dedicated SIM card. This prompted me to create a Family group, in which Homey delivers notifications to all of us. Excellent !

I’ve been using it for a few hours, and I encountered an error:
Notifications failed with the message “Network request failed”.
I rebooted the application, and everything worked again.
Is it the logout problem that ultimately isn’t fixed?

In order to get around this problem, I created a flow which sends a “ping” message every 15 minutes to the same number as the sending number, with a condition to reboot the app in case of failure.

I agree that monitoring integrated into the app would be great!

1 Like

@miki thanks

To help me identify the issue it would be nice if you can send a diagnostic report when you receive the network request failed error

Also please specify when you see this error. On sending or receiving

thanks for the fix after couple of days im still logged in :smiley: no problems anymore

1 Like

@Kevin_Ponsen good to hear!

@Patrick_De_Groote i understand if you’re English is bad. But there are tools like Deepl or Google Translate. There are a lot of non Dutch speaking people here.

You can send to a whatsapp group by copying the group invite link from whatsapp to Homey. Its also explained in the icon of the flowcard

Please translate your message or remove

2 Likes