[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

@TMS_TMS i added more logging. It wont fix your issue but hopefully gives me insight on the issue :slight_smile:

ok, report sent! f18291a1-c39b-4f55-ba03-37a4a63a7ebd

1 Like

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.19.9):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: None

FIXES:
1: FIX: Use cloudUrl for image tokens instead of localUrl
2: OPT: enable debug logs to check issue with image tokens
3: FIX: images via Token

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

@TMS_TMS see version above. Tried a fix. Can you test?

1 Like

seems to work now! I’ll do some more detailled testing today (several messages after one another etc).

1 Like

maybe I’m asking too much, but this totally does not work (no images sent):

furthermore, in this less complicated scenario, when the whatsapp-app is invoked several times (e.g. movement detected, so the security camera triggers several times), it stops working (i.e. it stops sending images and messages alltogether).

@TMS_TMS

sorry I cant see in your image why it doesnt work :wink:
No images, or no messages at all? I tested yesterday, even when sending a wrong image it does send. Also you mentioned before it does work, so i’m trying to understand what you mean

And Calling it too often, yeah thats a issue. But I cant really work around that, that are the limitations i’m facing of this implementation. That’s also mentioned in the disclaimer, you will risk a ban as well with spamming the whatsapp server

Can you try to repair your device, I asked that before, but not sure if you did that

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.19.10):

Changelog:

NEW:

FIXES:
4: FIX: images Thumbnail

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

@TMS_TMS i found a small issue in my latest release which can cause the app to become unresponsive. should be fixed in 1.19.10.

some info: I’m changing the behaviour of the image thumbnail as that seems to cause issue in the message (i guess…).
But in the previous release i removed the thumbnail which will throw an error in the library.

So that should be fixed, hopefully will resolve your issue aswell

I restarted the whatsapp-app (on homey) - no result. restarted homey: no reult. repaired whatsapp-app:
error message now.

@TMS_TMS you can see the error of the device when you go to the device tile in Homey

@TMS_TMS please describe your issue, sending images does not help

instead of sending an image, I get the error message above.

@TMS_TMS please send a report. this doesn’t give any info

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.19.11):

Changelog:

NEW:

FIXES:
4: FIX: images Thumbnail
5: FIX: issue which keeps restarting the WhatsApp client due to unexpected error

@TMS_TMS you’re still on a older app version. so that doesn’t include the fixes i made for you

@TMS_TMS I managed to reproduce the issue with the image. seems like it’s related to the image refreshing every 1 second, and that why it breaks on the app. Will try to make a fix

2 Likes

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.20.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Implement a new way of handling images (faster and reliable)

FIXES:
1: FIX: issue which keeps restarting the WhatsApp client due to unexpected error