[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

You cant, you can only see if you received the message

first of all thanks for this app!!

But i have a question, i created my device and it works like a charm. But i have one problem, when sending a message to (my own) number i am not being notified on my phone.
Did/do you have/had the same problem? and how did you solve it?

@Yustmenl you donā€™t get notifications from messages you send form your own number. So you need to use another number if you want to receive notifications. Thatā€™s how WhatsApp works

thanks i was affraid of this, but how did you guys solve this? get a prepaid? or something else?

Yeah get a prepaid and use WhatsApp Business so you can have 2 whatsapp instances on your phone:)

Multi account on whatsapp just got released two days ago, donā€™t know if there are Os/geo restrictions yet but soon to come either way :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

@Flyto didnt know. Nice!

Looks like itā€™s only available from android and not(yet) for iPhone

1 Like

Still working on the rollout (Whatsapp), this happens automatically in updates, after which it is possible to add multiple numbers from your e-SIM in the normal WhatsApp. This means that you no longer have to use a WhatsApp company. But actually just put a one-time prepaid e-SIM card in your phone and use it for Homey in combination with your own WhatsApp, so you have 2 or 3 accounts in your normal WhatsApp. And you donā€™t have to use all the business stuff. As far as Iā€™m concerned, the perfect solution for WhatsApp and Homey :+1:

1 Like

Is it possible to remove the landline blocking? WhatsApp does officially support landlines (at least for WA business, see https://faq.whatsapp.com/1344487902959714). I would like to use this app for my business account on a landline.

@Erwins its not really a blocking. Its just not implemented :wink:

Will have a look

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.19.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Allow Landline phonenumbers

FIXES:
1: None

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

1 Like

@Erwins can you give the above release a try? :smiley:

Hello,
question using test version 1.19.0 i get the error TO Short when sending messages or Not a number
changed nothing to the flows.

f278e089-aeba-4576-82d2-919ea56036dd

Thanks in advance en my compliments for the support youā€™re giving.

Bram

@Bram_Bruggers are you on the test version? If yes please install the live version of the app

thnx solved it.

Are there options for using messaging to channels?

1 Like

@Bram_Bruggers currently not

sadly Iā€™m getting this error when trying to couple my whatsapp-number

any ideas?

@TMS_TMS i need a bit more info on this.

• Which Whatsapp version in Homey
  • Did you get a notification when you filled in your number
  • Did you try via mobile homey app or homey webapp (webapp works better)

hi Martijn,

• Which Whatsapp version in Homey ā†’ v1.18.3
  • Did you get a notification when you filled in your number ā†’ yes I did, got this pop-up on my iPhone:

after clicking ā€˜bevestigā€™ I entered the code from the (homey) whatsapp-app after which I got the error ā€˜kan apparaat niet koppelenā€™ (on my iPhone).

• Did you try via mobile homey app or homey webapp (webapp works better) ā†’ via Homey webapp