[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

@bwa trying to reproduce your updates.

Do you have your flow like this?

yes, a flow like that

@bwa i do see a double flow trigger. But thats a misconfiguration on my side.

Will check the timing though
Did you set the 3 hours via a flow?

Looks good. Except the double trigger. But that is not a call to the server

Have not set the refresh rate with flows yet. Good to know this is just noise.

Currently I’m only doing this. Having refresh rate to 3 hours, and only getting new refreshed data (with restarting myAudi homey app) when it’s important for my charging. Very slowly reducing the update rate to possible discover the rate limit on API

1 Like

In the meantime im checking the library for any discrepancies. Because all brands are working fine except Audi.

But Audi was also the first to update their app. So hopefully this wont be a new trend from the VAG group…

1 Like

i am setting it to 60 minutes when not doing anything as there is no use for updates and to 5minutes when charging / driving (and having actionable things that can benefit from 5 min updates.)
i have shell chargestations at home and the cp wire is low voltage low current signal cable.
that can be switched easily with the shelly 1.
The car wont mind cutting the power as that is what happens if you have a plug and charge arrangement with the chargepoint. as soon as the cp gets disconnected (shorter pin in the type 2 plug) the relay in the chargepoint or granny charger will drop to prevent arcing on the main high current contacts of the type2 plug. as the granny charger is 10A max you could even switch that with a shelly plug s ;). done that in the past to save the main fuses…
guess a shelly plug 16A would be better if you are switching it all the time @ 10A
so long answer short, 5 minutes all day long will get my vin kicked. mixing with 60 minutes makes it still usable.

1 Like

So seems to be the case, correct Martijn, based on logs for VW - eGolf. So I have update interval set to 5min, this is not possible anymore ? VW really sucks.

@Sharkys yep it seems like.

For met it feels audi / vw is actively monitoring the API calls made from 3rd parties.

I’ll search a bit on github how other integrations did this.

1 Like

Just FYI, HA also stopped working (refresh interval 10min). I don’t know what they think they are doing, it’s clearly not improving end user experience ;-(

Reporting them makes no sense, last time they ask me to complain at the dealership.

1 Like

argh alright, that’s not promising.

Or! maybe they are creating a proper API with a normal Oauth for 3rd parties? :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw can’t even login on https://identity.vwgroup.io/

I see, you like sci-fi movies like I do :joy:

2 Likes

Trying to be optimistic :joy:

1 Like

Found this issue on github were they talk about VW API (Audi uses same) rate limiting: ISSUES WITH BETA RELEASE · Issue #511 · robinostlund/homeassistant-volkswagencarnet · GitHub

2 Likes

A refreshrate that does not lockout the app. Seems like 60mins might be safe according to @Bug

I have it permanently on 60 mins a.t.m. (no time to change my flows yet) and I’m not getting locked out. The Audi-app is still hardly able to update, it takes 30-60sec at least to get any response when I update the app and most of the time I’m getting some error.

IT is one of the reasons the VAG group has problems with theirs EV market…

2 Likes

Hi Martijn. Thanks for the hard work of all your apps. I’m new to the community and are willing to help testing if necessary. Today i receive my Skoda Enyaq IV60, created an account in the MySkoda app on my iPhone, which does work but when trying to add the car to Homey using your Homey app keeps failing with error:

Receiving data from server

Error
Om opnieuw in te loggen, klik ‘vorige’

What am I missing?

Report: 16c1a791-db75-4227-a088-ddd7c5767fda

@Erik1986 try the following:

1. logout at Skoda on your phone
  2. login again
  3. accept terms and agreements
  4. restart Skoda app in Homey

Martijn,
I already tried that yesterday but today i completely reinstalled the MySkoda and MySkoda Essentials apps on my iPhone. After reinstalling accepted everything single thing Skoda wants me to accept (maby to much for my privacy) and now Homey can find the Enyaq! First impression is good! I’ll start experimenting.

1 Like

Nice!

Btw, changed to 15 min both your app and HA and seems to be running (using HA just because of widget)

2 Likes

Cant find a "car is home " card in the audi ev app for a etron. How can i get this info to use in a flow?

Can i somhow use the "Data has updated " And a logic statement for location url?

Any suggestions for flow?
Tnx