[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

@bwa we already spoke about this and i send you this [APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra - #2067 by martijnpoppen

So thats not a solution

And once again. If you really want this, create a PR…

Edit: i can create the card. But no guarantee it will work as you expect

Yes, I know, we have talked about this, but then it was kinda my personal issue. But now it’s a official issue hitting all users having an 3rd party app and using a Audi iOS/Android App (or other VAG cars).

And I will look into PR and/other ways to address this.

It’s a gamechanger when Audi (or VAG) has made this limitation without specifying the actual limit. And even worse, block you from all VAG Apps for the rest of the day. It’s very rare to have a policy like that.

1 Like

@bwa thats why i suggested many users already to create extra account and invite that extra account.

Then you can use that special account for Homey and in the meantime also use the main and even other 3rd party applications

ahh, clever suggestion. Thanks !

Until VAG discovers this and put the limitation on VIN …

@bwa haha yes, no way to prevent that. :rofl:

btw, will try to add the card this weekend

1 Like

they now actually do block the VIN as they might have seen an increase in alternate users traffic.
I was locked out the other day on all accounts for the rest of the day… still good practice to have the separate account for the different use cases (all aliasses on the same mailbox :wink: )

1 Like

Are there any empirical values for the query interval so that the account is not blocked for the rest of the day?

@Tregobad
Im using this:

Hi Martijn,
5 minutes is exactly the value at which I was always kicked out of my Audi account (you may remember my previous comments). But I can try again with your current version 1.23.1.

@Tregobad yeah this is VW. Seems like Audi is unstable lately

Today I was kicked out at 11:00 (am), so I’m desperately waiting for the possible option to dynamically call the update interval action

@bwa i also have a personal life. So its not there yet. :wink:

Feel no pressure. I have it as well, I’m currently working with a offline solution to my Easy Charger App to try to handle that it will not get any SoC updates during a charge session.

It’s terribel what Audi and/or VAG is doing, killing all efforts moving forward with cars into the digital age. And even Tesla is doing so, killing 3rd part api.

1 Like

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.24.0) vw

Changelog:

• NEW: add interval flowcard
  • FIX: disable force updating (corrupting the API)

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.24.0) Audi

Changelog:

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.24.0) Skoda

Changelog:

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.24.0) Seat

Changelog:

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.24.0) Cupra

Changelog:

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - AppName - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the TEST version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this TEST version? Install the LIVE version → vwAudiSkodaSeatCupra

1 Like

@bwa @Tregobad @Bug
See above update.

This will fix the error in the app and won’t kick you out anymore (force update doesn’t exist anymore for new API).

Next to that you can set the update interval via a Flowcard (request from @bwa). This will allow you to schedule the updates a bit more.

Keep in mind that calling the update_interval flowcard will restart the API once to consume the proper interval

2 Likes

Thanks @martijnpoppen.
Will give it a try.
In the VW app there is a “sync now” button.
Would that only call the api or still do a wake up the car action?

@Bug Not sure about that. I think it wakes up the car. But the API i’m using is not updated to do that yet I guess.

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0) vw

Changelog:

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0) Audi

Changelog:

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0) Skoda

Changelog:

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0) Seat

Changelog:

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.24.0) Cupra

Changelog:

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - AppName - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Hi Martijn,

I installed 1.24 and tested it with an ID.3 and Audi e-tron.
No lockout yet.
I also installed the flowcard with the update interval as an experiment. But at the moment I don’t dare go for less than 4 minutes and risk having the Audi Gateway disabled again. (The auxiliary heater is important at the moment)

What I’m still missing from Audi is the “Remaining climate time” variable. And yes, I know you pointed out a while ago that you still need to rework the Audi area of the app.
In the VW area, the variable is set reliably.
Thank you for your work.

Hi Martijn,

VW seems to be replacing the VW-connect app with the Volkswagen app: CIC (volkswagen.be).

Is this also what you meant with the changing API?

Thanks in advance!

Wkr,

Kris.