[APP][PRO] VThermo

Everywhere, it shows up on the VHumidity icon when I enabels the biggest view, and on every card associated with VHumidity.

There are two, because of the slider and the “view” value.

Hi i dont get any values in my tado termostats how do i ad them so that vthermo takes humidity from them?

Hi,

The VHumidity - device is currently simpler than the VThermo - device. VHumidity can only get humidity - values from “sensors”.

1 Like

Hi, I wonder if there is planned for VThermo-device to be able to store different temperatures for different modes such as:

• At home - Day (e.g. homeoffice/home after work) (example: 21,5 degrees C)
  • At home - Night (sleeping) (example:17 degrees C)
  • Away - at work / away for shorter period (example: 18 degrees C)
  • Away - away for a long period / frost protection (example: 10 degrees C)
    Each of the above temperatures should be easily modifed from the VThermo-device in the Homey App and using knobs in the GUI-interface by all family members, and if possible it should be possible to inherit any of the above temperature-settings from a VThermo-device from parent-zone, e.g. to set 10 degrees C when away for a long period for all thermostats.

This could easily be integrated with Heating Controller-app (that knows when away, there is night based on holidays) and by other flows. For instance Heating Controller event “Night starts” would set all connected VThermo-devices to “night mode” and set the current desired temperature of the thermostat to the desired night-temperature.

Or is it any other way this can be accomplished in such a way that family members can change thermostat temperatures (for the 4 different modes, or at least day/night) for each thermostat individually without having to open and modify a flow?

No, there’s no plan for that :slight_smile:

But, check if you can use VThermo master thermostats.

A master thermostat can control the target temperature of other VThermos or physical thermostats.

So it’s possible to just set the target on the master, and the others (in lower zones), will follow.

See more info here: GitHub - balmli/no.almli.thermostat: Virtual thermostat and humidity app for Athom Homey

Feature request: Would it be possible to include an option to disregard measurements older than X?

Hello,

I’m new to VThermo, started using it today (with sparegris).
It seems impossible to set the setpoint to 1 degree? When I do, it says 5 in the VTherm display. And yes, I have set minim target temperature to 1 :slight_smile:

Any advice?

Anders

Yes, I guess you mean if you have more than one temp sensor in the same zone?

Hi,

Can you send me a screen dump of the settings for the VThermo ?

If this isn’t’ enough, I’ll do a screenshot on the pc, but not until monday, I’m afraid

Yes, exactly. Both for VThermo and VHumidity :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@t.m

Install v. 1.9.1 to be able to ignore old measurements.

The configuration parameter is in seconds. Eg. set a value of 7200 to ignore measurements older than 2 hours.

Skjermbilde 2022-09-18 kl. 11.03.25

Here is a link to install the test-version:

Please test :slight_smile:

Just did a quick test with a VHumidity and it works like expected :ok_hand: Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I have used VThermo now for a week, and I am quite satisfied with what it can solve for me. My main task to be solved, is to use Sparegris to turn on/off heating in order to keep the total kwh/h number below the magical 5kwh limit. In addition, I use other flows (time-based and cost-based to adjust the setpoint of the different Vthermo instances. Last, but not least, I have door and window sensors to control heating on/off. I use the pair of sparegris /Vthermo to replace a set of home-brewed flows.

However, I have one minor complaint. I have a small room (chicken shed) with a relatively big heater (for the room). As a result, the temperature rises quite rapidly when the heater is turned on. Then I have our bedroom, which is a big room with a relatively small heater.
Is there a way to tell VThermo something about these differences?
Now, it seems to me like VThermo works like an old-fashioned bimetallic thermostat with some hysteresis. The effect is that the chickenshed temperature fluctuates ±1 degree from the setpoint.

Do you have any plans for a more sophisticated control of the heating, e.g. a PID (or rather only PI) regulator? I have implemented similar algorithms for heat control in Arduino (no Homey connection), it is quite doable. However, the challenge is that each regulator must be tuned to the environment is is used to control.

Perhaps a PI regulator could be an option? Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I suddenly realized that the fluctuations in my chicken shed isn’t due to the thermostat only. The fan drawing fresh air into the room also contributes a lot to the fluctuations in temperature, so the conclusion is now that the thermostat most likely is better than my first impression. Sorry for complaining…

2 Likes

any idea why the ‘state’ stays on when the room is already up to temperature?

It’s probably due to hysteresis. You can set it in the option. It can be positive or negative or equal to zero. Generally you set it considering the inertia of your system. If your system is very reactive you should put very close to zero. If instead you have a huge inertia (Such as very thick floor heating or cooling system), you should enter negative value in order to stop the heating (or the cooling) some decimal before the set point. This should help to reduce the swinging of the temperature around your set point.

thank you!

The past 2 days we’ve woken up or come home to 1 or 2 very hot rooms. All of these have floor cabling switched by a plain Shelly, governed by a VThermo and an Aqara temp sensor.

Today’s example:

Notice how the Shelly is on, when it should be off.
Its event history:

It’s been on for more than 9 hours.

The VThermo:

The Shelly event correlates with the “Active” VThermo event, and never turned off afterwards.

Toggling VThermo off/on had no effect at this point (it seems to think that the Shelly’s state should be off, and thus no need to change anything). Manually adjusting the target temperature above the room temperature and back down, seemed to shake it loose, and things are back to working as normal.

It seems to be a regular thing, but I can’t understand why, or how to provoke it! What am I missing? (What does the “Active” event refer to?)

Hello,
Is it also possible to add the status of the thermostat as a trigger in a flow?