How do I use Virtual Thermostats / combine Apps "Virtual Themostat" with "Heating Schedule"?

In my house I have created a multi zone heating system, by using a couple of Eurotronic Spirits valves, a bunch of Aqara temperature sensors and flows that overrule the ThemoSmart controlled centrally placed thermostat.

The setup is simple: every 5 minutes a flows checks if the actual measured temperature in a zone is lower than the desired temperature. If so, heating is needed. Another flow triggers the central heating system. If the desired temperature in all zones is equal or greater than the measured temperature, heating stops.

Later I started to use the App “Homey Heating Schedules” as the simplified and reduced a lot of flows.

In that App a suggestion is made to make use of the App Vthermo.

I have installed it, but am not sure how to use it…What would be the benefit of virtual Themostats? Who can show me how to use this in flows?

Thanks for any suggestions and examples!

PS
I asked the same queston in the Dutch section of the forum. To broaden the scope, I posted in English too.

When you make a vthermo and place it in the desired room , you can use heating schedule to make a schedule that sets the desired temperature in that room and triggers the vthermo. (So lots of less flows needed)

You need a (virtual) thermostat in every room you want to trigger. Connected to a temp sensor in that same room (triggering goes automagicly) otherwise the made schedule will not work in that room. I use 10 vthermo , 1 for every room, they switch on my ir heating panels, per room on the desired temperature.

Thanks for your answers, @anon2681894

This is exactly what I don’t understand!

I use Heating Schedule (HS) to control the temperature in a zone. Why add a vthermo? You state that it gets update by HS, but what does it do? I see no purpose… HS schedules and sets all temperatures in all zones. Why the VThermo Stat?

Sorry if I don’t get it!

@anon2681894 How do you trigger the heat demand then?
I have set the same setup as you I have create VThermo for each room. Then in Heating Schedule configuration I have select as device the Vthermo. But I cant select my Fibaro relay which trigg my boiler.
Also how do you use the flow? Because in the card I dont see the card State Idle or State Active only thermostats turned ON or OFF, which I not want thermostat has to be ON all the time. Is there a way to use variable to get the state of the VThermo?

Thomas

@thomas_Vilport
Perhaps I can help.

In my situation, if a VThermostat reaches the programmed setpoint, it will tigger this flow:

The following screenshot shows the same, but in my dashboard:

If triggered, the flow will activate a Fibaro relay, that switches my heater on.

So, the average temperature of the two Aqara temp sensors is seen in the Vthermostat (=> 20,2). It is this value that act as a setpoint trigger, as defined in the Heating Schedule App.

PS
I discovered that “Thermostat turned on” trigger card is not the same as ''switched on":

So, use the correct trigger card!

Hi Eternity,

Thank you for the reply.
I did this flow but not tested yet. I’m at work now.

Looks Oké!
You have Eurotronic Spirit valves, I see. Why do you alter the thermostatic position manually? In my case I have the valve set to the required temperature.

Hi Eternity,

I set manually the valve because otherwise it take much more time to heat the room if I use the temp set on the valve.

I had to return my homey, too much thing that are not yet implemented. Even if it can do a lot the main feature are not available such a real Dashboard. I tried the one from the forum web based but it is really not a dashboard.

I went back to my domoticz which work fine will my heating zone. As dashboard I use Imperihome fully customization.

Sorry I hope that one day I could use it for my need.

Thomas