[APP][PRO] VThermo

@Otter Sorry to hear that!!

Do you have the latest version ? v. 1.8.4 ?

Yes

I have restarted the app, I will test it in a bit

@Otter

I have fixed a bug in v. 1.8.4, so please test v. 1.8.5:

• Fixed switching for fans in VHumidity

That did the trick! Thnx for the fast fix :slight_smile:

Hello
I have a little change of behaviour when using multiple thermostats and sub zones
I have one global vthermo and multiple ones in sub zones. I linked the global one to change the temperature on every one of the sub zones. the problem is this: before the update, if I change the temperature on the the vthermos in the sub zones, the change in the subzone vthermo stays and will not resync with the global vthermo unless a change on the global vthermo. now it is synced instantanioussly and I cannot use specific temperature “temporarly” in a sub zone.

Could you help with this ?

Regards

Hi, @Toto00

Yes, you are right. Earlier it was possible to override the target temperature for VThermos in sub zones.

I will have a look at it, since overriding temporarily is a nice feature.

:pray: Thanks :slight_smile:

I have a Eurotronic Spirit TRV that is not behaving well, and the new option in VThermo to control thermostats is just what I need.
However, there is something strange going in in the setting of target temperature. I have VThermo set to 20 degrees, the room temperature is 24, and still, the thermostat is set to 21 degrees.
Shouldn’t the target temperature have been 18 degrees (or lower)?

If another thermostat is controlled it will set the target temperature based on its own temperature.

• Off: target = temp - 2 rounded down
  • On: target = temp + 2 rounded up

Ah, I see.
The problem with the Eurotronic TRV is that it doesn’t always close even if the room temperature is way above the target temperature. So in my case would need to set the TRV to, for instance, 5 degrees below/above the target temperature of VThermo in order to control the room temperature.

I think I’ll have to run the TRV in manual mode and write a flow that controls the valve opening based on the room- and target temperature.

Hi
Great app, I really like it, it make it easy for noobs to set up something’s which will require a lot of flows

It could be great if something like VThermo was possible for light control. I am thinking of easy setup of motion sensors and/or door/window sensor which will turn on the lights. Right now it requires 2-3 flows to setup depending on which timer apps you are using or using the built in zone features

Best regards

Hello! I am not sure what is going on but I can’t set up the basic behavior for the app. I have two Fibaro radiator thermostats in one room. I need the VThermo to update the target temperature for both. Also, I need any of the Fibaros to be able to update the VThermo. When I select “Yes” for target temperature in the same zone (both to be updated from and update other thermostats) the weirdest thing happens. Only one thermostat updates VThermo. The second one doesn’t affect it. Also, VThermo can’t change the target temperature. It instantly jumps back to where it was. I have target temperature update enabled. Any advice?

Yes, that’s a good idea.

1 Like

If you have two Fibaro thermostats and you want to control them separately, you need to VThermos. But you can have only one thermostat per zone.

Try using two separate zones, with one Fibaro and one VThermo in each and see if that works.

Thank you for the reply!
I need to control them with one VThermo. I need them to behave exactly the same. So it should be 2 Fibaro thermostats and one VThermo in the same zone

I used a workaround and created a virtual thermostat that is powered by a few flows. It works exactly as needed

Hello. I’d like to ask if it’s possible to have both options of the target temperature turned on at the same time (update target from other thermostats and update other thermostats). Because if I set both to yes, I can’t set the target on the vthermo, it is immediately overridden by the thermostat’s target. Thanks in advance!

No, I’m sorry, but that is not possible.

“Update other thermostats” is neglected if “From other thermostat” is set.

@balmli got it, thanks for your answer

Many thanks for your work on this app, it’s one of the stars of the Homey app store.

I noticed that VThermo can:

however the capabilities are not advertised by the manufacturers, so someone that is planning the “perfect” setup can target and purchase the right gear.

I would really appreciate it if any current users of this app could share their experience with their devices and confirm what model/brands have the feature.
Maybe it would even be worth maintaining a list of “recommended” devices on the github repo. Form what I’ve gathered so far, it seems Nest and Tado are a go.

Thanks for the help!

From the documentation for the “thermostat” device class:

Use this device class for thermostats, either for the entire home or radiator-mounted, usually together with the measure_temperature, target_temperature and thermostat_mode capabilities.

Even if it’s not required, it is normal to use the target_temperature - capability.