[APP][Pro] Verisure

As of the 9th of August, Verisure changed their 2FA. Please have a look at the attached picture. If you don’t speak swedish, run it through GT! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have same result, and I have created a new user in Verisure system for only use with Homey. And I’m very sure 2FA is off. And I have mailed Verisure to ask if I’m blocked or something I got this answer.

ON Swedish
"Hej Peter!
Tack för ditt meddelande.
Det ska inte ha skett en ändring av IP adress eller liknande, det gjordes däremot för ett tag sedan en ändring gällande inloggning och maxgräns för inloggade enheter.
Innan denna ändring blev man alltid utloggad ur appen efter att ha varit inloggad under en längre period. Ändringen gjorde så att denna tidsperiod automatiskt förnyas varje gång man använder appen.
I och med denna ändring sänktes även maxgränsen för hur många enheter som kan vara inloggade samtidigt under en och samma användare. När maxgränsen nås blir man utloggad och kontot kan tillfälligt spärras för inloggning.

Det är troligtvis detta som gör att din hemautomation inte kan logga in på systemet eller blir spärrat för att göra detta.

Återkom gärna vid frågor kring detta.

Önskar dig en fortsatt din dag!
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards
Kundservice / Customer service, Felix"

Hi Peter,
Alright. I haven’t got any issues yet, it was more a question if this would affect the Homey App in any way. I have also created a separate user for Homey and switched of 2FA for that user, so hopefully everything will continue to work.
I want to thank you for posting the text from Verisure, as I understand from their reply they are not against the fact that people automate their Verisure-products outside of the Verisure app. That feels good, I have evaluated other suppliers but with this I feel that Verisure is the right choice for me.

Running test version 3.3.2 and it seems like I still need to continue daily restart of app. After a periode of 2-3 days the status of doorlock is no longer updating. Anyone else also?
As we still await cards for lock state change and locked/unlocked by user/method for the doorlock I’m also using the Yale-Doorman app (to utilize said cards) and I’m pretty sure that to have 3 apps (Verisure phone app / Verisure Homey app / Yale-Doorman Homey app) polling towards Verisure can create issues. Anyone else running same configuration?
Hoping to be able to omit the Yale-Doorman app soon.

I’m happy to pay monthly fee if this speeds up process to include requested features and other still unsupported components.

@norenz thanks for great support and work!

1 Like

Make sure you’re not using the same user for both Verisure’s own app and the Homey app. This WILL get you blocked (too many requests). You could alse send me a diagnostic report and I’ll check if there is any issues in the logs.

Have separate user for Homey, but both your app and Yale-Doorman app use this user towards Verisure.

9e641071-6726-4f1c-8c8e-d943f5d4c9a8

Let me know if you find something in the report.

Has anyone figured out the solution to the login issue? I have made a seperate user in Verisure, Removed 2FA on both of the users, checked that when logging in only a password is needed. But still no joy. Using ver- 3.2.6

Hi,
I have the same problem with need to restart app every approx 36 h.

1a39ba7e-7523-49de-9dce-306ed553d741
Thanks @norenz for your good work with this great app!

Can you please try the test version?
https://homey.app/sv-se/app/se.adamnoren.verisure/Verisure/test/

That will not work. Please create a user for only use with this app.

3.3.4 is now live! Update will be rolled out during the day.

3 Likes

Hi there,

When will 2FA be integrated? Any eta on that?

I will open a dialog with Verisure around this, maybe it’s possible to implement soon!

2 Likes

Hi all. I wonder how you do it with logging in to Homey for Verisure. Do you create your own user with your own email and phone number?

Will do.

I can’t agree on a monthly payment. I’ll be happy to pay a one time payment through paypal just because i think there is value in your driver. Send PM if this is ok for you.

I have contacted Homey, Verisure about this. Neither is happy with this new development.

I can understand that Athom wants us community developers to do the free work so that they can earn money, but I don’t agree, and there is nothing in their ToS that we (developers) can’t offer paid solutions. I know most part of you find it fully acceptable and I’ve received great feedback from users last couple of days supporting finally having a working integration.

Regarding Verisure, I don’t really think they care if there is a integration and if it is free or not.

I’d be happy to work with Athom and Verisure to find another solution, but as for now, this is how it will be.

3 Likes

Hi Adam,
Had a few bugs in the newest version. Deleted the app to make a fresh install.
Now it seems that the app is removed from the «store».
Has this something to do with the monthly fee you demand?

I wouldn’t mind paying a small monthly fee for a functional app, but no fee for this app at this stage.

You mentioned in another comment that you don’t think Verisure cares if its free or not. i belive they do. If they find a way to charge us customers 1€ more per month, they will.
I’m afraid that they might make their own free app with limited functions. And, if you pay Verisure directly thru their subscription, it willl open all the functions.
Just a way to bypass Homey’s policy regarding free apps…

Anyway i realy appreciate your work so far. Hope this will be solved.

Hi,

I’ve got a few fixes out in test: https://homey.app/sv-se/app/se.adamnoren.verisure/Verisure/test/. Please try it.

Update regarding removed licence key requirements 2022-08-18

During the morning I had a meeting with Athom, and both agreed to work together to get official support for Verisure. This means that the license key requirement will be removed with immediate effect. Those of you who have already purchased a key will be refunded and your subscription will be cancelled.

A new version (3.4.0) will be rolled out today with those changes.

Donations are still greatly appreciated in the future. It enables me to implement even more devices and extend the functionality of them.

I really appreciate your work, I want to make a donation

6 Likes