[APP][Pro] Verisure

This is great news. Donated :+1:

Did Athom and Verisure agree to work together on an official app? Just a bit confused if your app wil lbecome the official?

Good news! donated :ok_hand:

I think Athom and the developer will try to work against Verisure.

In my observations, Verisure is reluctant to involve third party integrations, so this app development is mainly ā€œguessingā€ on the integration. And that is one of the reasons it tends to fail and consumes a lot of effort from the developer.

Think of it from Verisureā€™s side: Who is to be blamed if something crucial fails?
I have had Verisure for 4,5 years with no malfunction. It just works. Homey or other components fails on a regular basis. As a security system I will not trust Homey 100% for this.

And, if Verisure integrate Homey they will dilute their own business. People will use cheap door sensors an motion sensors and run a side-alarm system that is in sync with Verisureā€™s alarm state. Exactly how I am using this.

So, Iā€™m guessing Verisure has zero interest in supporting this project. But hopefully I am wrong. Perhaps this can trigger them to make some kind of integration towards Homey.

1 Like

Keep mine please as a donation, no refund :+1:

All subscriptions are already cancelled, but feel free to use the donation link

Your assessment is spot on. But they are not interested in losing customers either. Sector Alarm has a working homey app. So they will be forced to play ball in the end. With the el prices as they are, there is a huge interest in smart home solutions.

I have tried to set up a dedicated user in Verisure to use for Homey. When I enter the credentials for this user when configuring the Verisure app in Homey, I get this error message: ā€œError: Too many step-up tokens sentā€. Any suggestion why this happens?

Yes, you need to disable 2FA on the user

Hi,
I have the same problem as well.

Hi,
My problem now is that Homey looses connection with Verisure after only a few hours, and the app has to be restarted to get it working again.

2 Likes

Do you have a separate Versure user for Homey?

Yes, I have a dedicated Homey-user in Verisure.

I also have the same problemā€¦

might need a diagnostic report

I am only able to see temperature/humidity devices on my account, no alarm security devices. Separate user for Homey, with 2fa deactivated.

Diagnostic report submitted. df57d919-5684-4e43-8b72-b071274b131d

The app now has worked well since Sunday

1 Like

What type of user should be setup in Verisure?

2022-08-25 - The app is currently having trouble connecting to Verisure's servers.

This causes the app to not work properly. I am working on solving this.
2 Likes