[APP][Pro] Verisure

Same here…

I’ll got the same

I also got the same mail today.

I got the same message just now. I see from log that my battery status on the Smartlock is trigging quite frequent. The verisure app in Homey have never been able to read the battery status of my lock. HP19.
Any other with same?

At present not able to upload screenshot.

I also have got that mail from Verisure. I have not changed anything in my system\flows so everything has been the same.

The same issue in Mill Heating app, to many requests. Limit to 300 pr day for this endpoint.
Guess there is a Homey update gone wrong

Yep, same here.

I’m aware of the adjustment of daily limit API calls.
Please see this reply. No further development will be made until I hear from Athom.

3 Likes

Isnt the biggest issue that the app itself checks every 5 sec for any status changes?
So if I am not too tired this morning it will be…
it calls back to verisure 12 times pr minute, 720 times pr hour, 17280 pr day.
I could imagine this is the main cause of the issue. I do understand it might need to do this to check the status changes.

I have not personally worked to much with API, but if we have X amount of people with around 17K calls pr day I do understand this can cause some issues for verisure. Even tho most other companies can handle this perfectly fine without causing any problems regarding performance etc.

I wonder if Verisure can “push” out status pr API instead of homey calling back to verisure to reduce the calls back and usage of API`s calls home.

To be fair, I am a novice when it comes to all of this, and this is just some thoughts.

2 Likes

I got another weekly reminder from Verisure today.
Do we have any solution or some kind of plan to fix this, at least temporarily?
Do we know the limit yet?
Can we change the time between the checks?

So if I have calculated correct, the limit is around 10k calls.
This is for around 15hours give or take.

So it might be that the daily limit will be around 10k. But I still think it should be possible for homey to call back instead of “pinging” verisure every 5 sec.

Got my first warning email today, commenting to follow if there is an update of the app to solve this

If the development is waiting only on Homeys answer, can you please help me understand what the issue is? I’m happy too help with whatever it should be and my contact with Homey support is fine. Is this about the payment method you started and dropped?

1 Like

I have also received several emails about this, and this is the last one:

Dear customer,

You have been able to use this feature without any issues until now, but our headquarters has informed all customers who have connected Verisure to a home app that this will no longer be possible in the future.

The reason for this is that the data connection between the Home app and our server generates more costs than what the SIM card subscription provides for services.

You will be able to continue using this until the total data volume is reached, after which there will be no connection possible on the Verisure application.

There are no other solutions available, and this has been imposed by Verisure headquarters on all Verisure central stations worldwide, and they have even communicated this to all relevant customers.

At your service,

The communication normally takes place through the internet, and only in the event of an internet outage a SIM card is used.

I think he is mad about homey not providing him with the new 2023 homey pro for free… From what I have read it surely looks like it.

And ofc, homey should be in the loop here if they are actually involved in the convo with Verisure.

What are the issues that you are waiting for Athom to respond to? Do you have any kind of id or something I can refer to if I want to report to them?

Best regards,

Stefan Thyni

2023-09-04 19:58 skrev Adam Norén via Homey Community Forum:

I have a smartlock from verisure but in the app the device is not found.
Can you add the new type off lock also in the app?

No, that’s not the correct background to this.

Is there a possibility to add sabotage alarm to door/window sensors?

App version 3.4.11

I quite often get these email from Verisure. I’m afraid they will close the account if this is not corrected. Are there any fix for this?

Thank you

1 Like