[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Make sure to change it to below in the app settings

Hi, thanks!
Maybe you have a dedicated IR device for the airco in the Tuya Smart app.
I was referring to virtual IR devices which can be created with a wifi - IR blaster.
I will adjust my post.

As you can see there’s a link available, which points to the first post of this topic.
It even says:
see community forum for details: https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-tuya-cloud/21313/1957

Did you find it / read it? The full howto is right there.

it always worked perfectly. last 2 days, sockets no longer provide updates, power usage. restart the app and it works again for a few minutes. And broke again. Do i restart the tuya app every hour on a day? how can it happen? Homey Pro 2019

I have several Carro smart ceiling fans that use tuya / smartlife and I see them in the api? How can I help you add this device to the working devices please?

Hello
Thank you for the app @Jurgen_Heine :slight_smile:

Have you managed to add any support for ceiling fans ?
I have this model
Ceiling Fan DCF5241HA
I can see it all connected but Homey does not know how to add it :frowning:

Not sure if any of the below is helpful to identifying the fan etc, If there is a possibility to add support i am more than happy to try and help with anything you need.

Either way thanks for your help!

Hi Matt,

Jurgen moved to Home Assistant

You’ll have to find a developer who can write the code for the pull request.
When done, all Jurgen would like to do, is publish it as app update.

BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t control it right away, which you could have discovered yourself in the first post of this topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

HI @Peter_Kawa Thanks for the reply,

I did see that first post but didn’t read it properly to understand what you have just pointed out :man_facepalming: my bad.
Thanks for pointing me to your post I will look into this!

Cheers

1 Like

Good day Peter,

How best can we find a developer to write the code? I have a ceiling fan as well (six of them) and they are the reason I bought the Homey Pro.

Me again Peter,

Trying your raw commands. I do not see the “Single Bot” in the then options?

Hello Walter,

I don’t know, maybe it’s an idea to start a topic about ‘developers wanted’

It is ‘Signal Bot’, and it’s a part of CallMeBot app. But you can replace it with an other notification card of your likings.

1 Like

Me again,

Okay! I installed that app and will get an API from them. Question, will this raw commands method work with the Dashboard Controller app and using the Android Fully Kiosk browser app to create a tablet that can control all the ceiling fan functions?

The reason I bought the Homey Pro, was to control these ceiling fans without having to use their proprietary remotes and just install touch screens in each area of my home.

Thank you in advance.

Walter (Sandy)

Yes, if you have created virtual devices (which send the raw commands using flows), as explained in the tutorial, you can control your fans with a slider
You can try Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard to display your (marked as) favorite devices fairly easy and quick.
Or, try the homeyboard app, which is very versatile.

1 Like

Sir,

You are awesome! Next question please, is there an app I should be installing for creating virtual devices, I prob haven’t installed yet?

Thanks!
I prefer Advanced virtual devices, part of the Device Capabilities app.
An other app you can use is called Virtual Devices.

And if you enable Experiments > Power User, you can use onboard virtual buttons and virtual switches

Examples:

1 Like

You are not alone. I tried using the raw events with devices created with the Smartlife app (significant?) and I’m not seeing any raw events triggering from any of my devices (switches and bulbs). Also, if I use Homey to switch a device on or off, the status changes in Homey, but if I change a device’s status through Alexa or the Smartlife phone app the status is no longer changing in Homey.

Looks like the feed of events from Smartlife through to Homey is no longer working.

I have restarted the Tuya app - no joy.

Anyone else seeing this? got a solution?

Andy

hi Andy,

my issues were resolved after renewing the IOT Core subscription in my Tuya project. Now the RAW commands flow to Homey again as normal.

1 Like

Cool.
I’m curious though, how you still could start scenes.
The only thing I can think of, you still use scenes from the old API, and the setting “Choose the desired API('s)” is set to both API’s.
You should set it to “Use official only”:

and replace the old “start 
 legacy scene” cards

with the one for use with the official API, “execute 
 scene”

I use the “execute scene” one and have “official only”. My thoughts on why I could start scenes still was that I did have another subscription still active in Tuya (Smart Home Basic Service)
 Hence Scenes could still start but talking to the Operational Logs API wasn’t available
 does that make sense?

Ah I see.
About the other stuff, that’s beyond my knowledge I’m afraid.