[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

@arch4ngel, how reliable are the type numbers for China products? I have seen many devices made by different companies with same type number.

Well, that I do not know. A lot of things are OEM and made in the same factory.
For me what had me believe it is made in the same factory and the exact same product is from HvNs post, my plug 100% looks identical to his on the label.

I cannot really understand why you are speculating on things like this? I would rather, like HvN, prefer to focus on trying to solve things and if/once we know it cannot work regardless what we try - then we know and do not need to speculate.

The malmberg app looks very very similar to the Tuya Smart app though.
I’m pretty sure it’s Tuya wifi.

If it works with the Tuya Cloud app?Probably by using the Raw command method.

Source: Google appstore

I could order it and try :thinking:

Haven’t really got a grip of the raw commands yet.

Ah okay
 When you have any question about the howto below, just ask.
Click the top blue text or the v on the right:

In your case, replace this:

with this:
when you turn the dimmer knob
(ofcourse the dimmer has to be paired with the Tuya cellphone app)

That would generate a text event, which can be received (listened to) with the flows in the example.
Then, when you know which text it sends, You can create flows which trigger something when that same text is received.

2 Likes

@arch4ngel, just want to warn you that the type number not always mean that devices are the same. There a lot of clones, just my own experirience with this. Besides that, there are also different hardware revision for same type. First an example of your device without power measure and second example is the warning for different hardware for your device.
A waste of money? – Marcel Zuidwijk
NEO Coolcam NAS-WR01W 16A Power Monitoring Plug (NAS-WR01W) Configuration for Tasmota (blakadder.com)

1 Like

Sure. The link to “A waste of money?” indicates that hardware wise the feature is missing but in my plugs it isn’t as I can see (as previously mentioned) power consumption in Tuya app and IoT portal. I will however not break the plugs apart to look at the inner parts, that does not seem very smart in my case.

And I also know power measuring works as I’ve measured basically the same values with other plugs.
HvN can see power consumption in Tuya as well, but also in Homey.
And the latter part, seeing power consumption in Homey, is what I cannot and we are trying to resolve.

Hi Michael,

Great you did the check and thanks for sharing it in detail.

The only difference I see here is the Mobile App in use. You use the “Smart Life” whereas I use the “Tuya Smart” App, I don’t know if this will change the API communication or the way how the API behaves.

Let’s first check/compare our IoT settings. Hopefully, we will find some important differences there.

I’m unfamiliar with the firmware upgrade process, but my smart plugs are on v1.1.7.

Hi Micheal,

We can compare our settings, but Jurgen is the golden standard if we have it about the API. As far as I know, he is one of the contributors/developers. I’m only a user with some IT knowledge but I am not a developer or programmer.

I would also say if the information is available in Tuya IoT it must be possible to get it to Homey, but only if Tuya allows it in the API compunction. It is possible that they for example have restrictions for some devices.

Hi Micheal,

I have the same subscriptions as you, so that seems fine. If you look under “View Details”, do they have all the status “in service” without any alerting etc.?

Maybe it is not important so as Jurgen said. He knows exactly how the API is working. But if it is possible with for example Postman to query your power consumption. Then it must be possible for the Homey API as well. I can help you to configure/setup postman and to run the queries.

Is it an idea to switch to direct messages because it is maybe not relevant anymore for others?

Hi Hugo,
Maybe direct messages but this could help others. However perhaps just add the solution if/when we find one.

This is how my services look. No issues with them from what I can see.
I downloaded and set up the Tuya app instead of Smart Life. What surprised me was that a brand new plug shows firmware v5.1.0 which leaves me guessing this may be the reason.
I cannot think that hardware differs to your plug, would be more costly to change I’d say.
Flashing the plugs may work, but I struggle to find a program for that

Are your devices listed below your project → devices and are the permissions the same?

Are all your devices linked?

In the past, I have created an empty (SDK) app and assigned it, but I don’t think that will do anything.

Yes. “All” devices are there, at the moment just have two plugs. One is added with Smart Life app and one with Tuya Smart app. Both apps linked to Tuya IoT and works to add in Homey but no power consumption

Hi Hugo,
Late last night when I was trying things out I realized this is too much of a pain for me to resolve. I want things that basically just work. So I’ve decided to sell all Tuya products :sweat_smile:

Thank you SO much for your support, I really like that spirit of yours! I am the same, eager to learn and help out. The world needs more of that :heart:

Take care!

Hi Micheal,

I understand completely. It is frustrating if things do not do what they need to do. Buying a product that works out of the box is a lot easier indeed.

You thanks for trying and your nice words. Have a great time and take care.

HI,

I have tried to add a Deltaco Wifi plug to Homey through Tuya Cloud.
It works turning the switch on / off, that’s it.

Snip from the Tuya device logs:

In Homey it looks like this:

I am about to give up in this plug because it is not giving me the information I want. I just want to make sure I have done everything right in the cloud and conclude that for this brand it is not possible to get any other data/values than on/off :frowning:

The power in Tuya iot site shows 0 kWh and Homey shows 0 W. There’s an energy and power mix-up?
But you say, in the Tuya smartphone app, the kWh is higher than zero? If it doesn’t update through Tuya iot cloud, it also can’t update Homey

It looks like this in Tuya now:

This from Tuya app:

This from Homey:

Ah now I see the Watts are reported in Tuya iot cloud.

It seems to me the events with power value could be sent as Raw command, but the device does not get it right.

EDITED (thnx Jurgen!)
To be able to ‘receive’ the Raw command events, I made this flow, you can import a working copy, when you read on below
Screenshot from 2022-09-23 14-32-08

Follow instructions in this post:
https://community.homey.app/t/the-flow-exchange-r-exchange-your-flows-with-others/68981

And then, import this flow exchanger file:

H4sIAAAAAAACA6VQy2rDMBD8FbGnFqwg2/JLt0IayKE9lNBLMGUtrVNDbAdbThNC/r1y4kNyC60uYmd3Z2bnBAhqfYIKFIQkglTrmJe+IS6jIuNpIWJuIplIPw3SOA7Ag8aNvizYajgie91TY3v2QZqqPRnXJVAlbnvyQIM6QWqyTIos5IkvSi6NCHlqEp9nFAZGYxLoMB3nDqCEB0dQ0n2tU/huazoq3O2UbuuZdWIzvW2HUWL0OgIrOtg36nFDDrQj2FWbDXWu6t1REMUmNgU6bYoFl6IoOUaUcvKjUhahyUL0IT97jw1eTUp5tRnc2ayxcS461bS2KiuNtmqbfnKqO0JLX7etyS7qqcCR3LprxmRvgmU/2LNuylaxOe0rTWw5V+xpvZ6OVeqRiJUaA7sSLE2eP3tsMTQX/Xes6S+E5bTfuP07wk/cDv9ivBA4Sji7l59/Aeujyy+jAgAA
1 Like

Thank you very much!

These are topics and apps I’ve never heard of and will look into it.

With this, will I be able to see the energy from the Tuya Cloud in the Homey app?
Or do I have to make my own app for this device since it’s not quite working as I want?