[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

I can’t find the answer to this question in the thread so I post it:

After creating an account in the Smart Life app, Tuya Smart app and creating a project in Tuya cloud, linking the app to the cloud, I am still confused.

I have just added a Wifi device to the Tuya Smart app on the phone. But I can’t add that app to Homey. Tried the TuyaCloud app in Homey but it doesn’t find any devices.

Should the Wifi device connect straight to Tuya Cloud app in Homey?
Why did we have to set up the Tuya Smart app on the smartphone if we’re not using it?

Please help :smiley:

Hi all, after I have gone through all the steps of the tuya process I get the following message when closing:

after I have gone through all the steps of the tuya process I get the following message when closing: Please configure the app first.
Can somebody tell me what went wrong?

Error codes are available in post #1, JanArne,
but here you go:

I like to use the app settings of the developer site, then it’s easy to copy and paste the Access ID and Secret

I have managed to add a Wifi socket with the Tuya Cloud app in Honey, but it is not updating any data. I have to restart the app for it to get the latest value. This is a socket with energy meter and I would like it to update as fast as possible.

The same Wifi socket plug is also added as a device in the Tuya Smart app. There I can see all the values change, like every second.

After I reinstalled everything, the Tuya App and the devices work again without an error message. Thanks for the clear protocol!
I just can’t operate the blinds in the Homey app. If I move the ‘slide’ it makes no difference.
Somebody suggestions?

Yes, thanks, but I don’t see something specific in these parts that are different, to what’s in the instructions at the top… (which I tried to follow).

• Tuya IoT Platform Configuration : check

• setup page in Homey mobile Set the APi to use to Official : check

• authorization key access key and secret from step 1have to be filled in on the settings page: check

• country code no leading zero’s or + sign: check

1. Username, Password same as first login of app: check

Error code 2406 skill id invalid:

• project on the Tuya IoT Development Platform should be created after May 25, 2021.check
  • use the Tuya Smart or SmartLife app account to log in: check

:confused:

Well, there are things mentioned you could try, for instance unlink the app from iot project and link again with QR code procedure.
Or change password of mobile tuya smart account.

I have exact the same error messages. I checked/followed all suggestion and all seems to configured correctly. Is there someone who can help with this?

Yesterday my “IoT Core” trial service was expired, but I requested them to extend my trial and today it is active/in service again. I don’t see anything what is configured wrong.

Update (202209132200):

Finally guys the setup is completed.

I did the followinhg to get it work:

• Signed out from the Tuya App
  • Tuya IoT Platform → Cloud → Deployment → Open/Edit project → Devices → Link Tuya App Account-> Unlink (app account)
  • Add App Account (same page as above one).
  • Signed on in the Tuya App (existing account)
  • Tuya App → + Sign (right top corner) → Add Devices → Scanning icon (right top corner) → scan the QR code.
  • Homey Tuya App Settings → Re-run the configuration (save). All done.
2 Likes

Hi! New to the forum, very new to Tuya products… Have gotten Homey to speak with Tuya with Tuya Cloud integration.
I’ve bought a few Tuya power sockets / smart plugs that can measure power consumption. I can see actual consumption in Smart Life app but I cannot get anything into Homey. How did you do this?
@Jurgen_Heine Any insight for your integration, some issue with the API perhaps not passing through power?

Article 2915818 at Proshop is what I have bought.
A NEO Coolcam NAS-WR01W apparently, it has the same physical appearance and article number NAS-WR01W is written on it.

I am getting this reply from someone, but I have filled in everything in the Homey app:

“One thing to think about, did you select in config tuya cloud all the needed services. One of the services is receiving messages, if not selected you wont get status data. See forum.”

(post deleted by author)

Is there someone who can help me to make the “Tuya WiFi Smart Thermosta” (model: WIFI-ME81G AND WIFI-ME81H) available in Homey. I have four of these devices in my house. For every room one. I can share the API call information from for example Postman application or Tuya Explorer. Please let me know via private message so we can get in touch.

Thanks a lot.

Should work with the RAW command possibilities. It’s all there, in Post #1 :upside_down_face:

Dunno who said that to you.

I think the developer Jurgen knows best:

When set to ‘use official only’, it still uses your Tuya Smart mobile app account, but it cannot control legacy devices anymore ( → which is supposed to be the case after you switched to the official iot api).

1 Like

I will change the dropdown to official only and see.

Once a day I am also receiving this message. I made the Tuya Cloud API project less than one week ago.

I said that myself on github, but in complete other context: Energy monitoring and flow card · Issue #113 · jurgenheine/com.tuya.cloud (github.com)

1 Like

Yes sending commands works, but I want to receive the (current) temperature and save it to a variable, etc.

@arch4ngel, if your device are successful linked with new API and you see the power in Homey, then you don’t have selected all the Tuya developer platform API services. See link in first post to setup Tuya project.

@HvN there are flows for receiving also, not only sending.

Hi Jurgen,
Firstly. Thank you for replying, much appreciated!
I can see the power socket / smart plug in Homey. It only gives me the option to power on or off, I cannot see power in Homey - just in Tuya app (Smart Life).
I checked out the link and information in the first post. I have done all this. Though I am unsure if have missed adding some API thing… I added the one named “Device Status Notification” of course.
These are the ones I have in Tuya IoT platform.