[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

The service with name "Device Status Notification’ is the one needed for device updates. Without this one, you don’t get updates pushed( On/Off/Dim/Power…). This app listening to those messages and updates the status in homey when received. Also when adding a new device, the device functionality is checked and the capabilities are set for your Homey device. If the Tuya function list is not containing power for you device, the power option is not available in Homey.

Total newbie here, out on deep waters… I do not understand what you are writing.
Should I be adding something else to get it to work? If yes, what is the name of the API to call/authorize?
I can see these with the name ‘power’ in it, seemingly only as a trial…?
Even when I have all three APIs with ‘power’ in their name added it still does not work.

I tried to explain when your device support power en when not. But In short: Your device doesn’t support power if power isn’t shown in Homey.

Okay, but it shows power consumption in the Tuya Smart Life app… That’s why I’m asking.

I understand, but as explained before. The Tuya api does not return this function for your device, even when it does in smart life app, otherwise it was available in Homey.

Hi Jurgen, I do experience something alike. Everything has been set up according to the tutorial/manual and a I actually do see the power usage, but it updates itself once in a couple of 10 minutes from what I notice. However, when I open up the Smart Life app, it pushes the data through straight to Homey where they get updated. Is there a way to increase the auto update of this said “Device Status Notification”? Best, Tim

You should ask Tuya to shorten update time, the data is pushed to the app. I can’t do anything about this. It’s also possible that this is because Tuya/smart life app is connected locally.

That’s indeed what I already thought. Sad they don’t offer this setting in their portal. Oh btw, something you might have answered already a thousand times, but what if the Trial of the Tuya IoT Platform is over? Does everything still work or will my setup be in trouble? I’ve read in the top post it’s an API free of charge, but further down to Question 2 it states you should request an extension of the API by 6 months (but what after?) Sorry for asking this (newbie alert here haha!)

They hope you’re going to pay :crazy_face:. But just ignore those messages. I use the same API with HomeAssistant since last October, I ignored every Tuya mail, and it all still works fine. :upside_down_face:

So in short we’re hanging by a thread here. Hopefully they’ll never change their strategy. Thanks for letting me know! Are there any people experiencing issues getting it to work?

Also, are there any alternatives (yet) in case it does go down?

Which type/model of device do you have?

I have these (NAS-WR01W) and it works well (including power consumption) in Homey .

Mine are Smartify and Iqonic (basically the same plug but a different logo) which use Smart Life/Tuya as a platform. There are currently 28 in use, so if it doesn’t work anymore in like a couple of months, I’d be kind of screwed…

What do you see in Tuya IoT ?

Cloud → Deployment → Open your Project → Devices → click “Device Debug” (in the right below operation) → Slecet your device on the left → Click on Device Logs.

Do you see any “power usage” values/counters here?

1 Like

Hi Jurgen, I found it and it works now. Thanks.

If some functionality is not available or not working without errors in the app can I reach out to you?

Tuya Triple Switch for example is not available in all flow cards and at other places I receive some errors messages.

1 Like

What makes you think something is going wrong in a couple of months?
If you don’t like cloud dependency, you could consider switching to zigbee or zwave gear, that uses local radio :wink:

1 Like

Hi HvN,
I have those exact same, NAS-WR01W, but I cannot see power usage/consumption in Homey.
I can however see what you asked in Device Logs.
How can I get these working in Homey, showing power usage?

I think we can compare our settings, but first can you check if the data is receiving in Homey (through the API)?

Install in Homey the “Simple Log” APP.

See this post to configere a flowcard to gather the messages

Configure also a flow for the other data types (text, boolean and numerical).

Check in Simple log App (under App settings) if the power consumption is receiving (for the right device ID). Do not share the whole IDs in public forums…

1 Like

Do you see the power consumption in Homey?

Hi, thank you!

I have an issue which I really can’t understand.

My Wifi smartplug (Deltaco) is connected to the Tuya Smart app on my phone.
This app is linked with Tuya Cloud.
In Tuya Cloud, I can see that device is added.

In Homey, I am not able to add this device through the Tuya Cloud Homey app.

I have changed the dropdown to official only.

Is there anything missing for me for Homey to see this device in Tuya Cloud?

Under the Cloud tab > devices:

The device is probably not supported to add it as device.
Like I suggested yesterday, you can operate it without adding it as Tuya Cloud device, with the Raw command or tap-to-run workarounds.
Look for it in post #1 of this topic, and have fun!

1 Like