[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

On the top right you see Western Europe Data Center in a dropdown list.
Try switching it to CENTRAL Europe data center (if not selectable , select the central europe data center in your account settings)

2 Likes

Very sharp! Didn’t notice that.

1 Like

@Elinu, it can be added, but there is already a long list of users who want to have a particular device added. For now you can use:

thanks, I’ll make do with that for now. Hopefully it can be added in the future so that the rotation tags can be used for fine control of dimming lights.

1 Like

I contacted Tuya for help. The problem has been fixed by unbinding the accounts and reconnecting them again. Below their response how to do it yourselves. In the meantime I have connected all devices and updated all flows to the new devices. Good to see that RGB is now also being supported. Thanks!

Tuya engineer09-05 10:05:43

Hello, I did not cancel, it is a pop-up prompt, it does not mean that your account has been associated with two cloud projects. Unbind PathApp–Me–Settings–Account and Security–Cloud Project–Unbind

Ok, have figured out how to solve my problem with Homey not seeing tap to run scenes. The api Smart Home Scene Linkage was not subscribed to

Thx for sharing, I’m glad it’s working now! But, it’s in the manual:

I know, and I’m sure it was. Tuya have renamed a few of the Api subscriptions and seem to be in the process of resorting a few others. The ones listed in the manual, the 7 essential ones, are not all there when searched for

After some going back and forth I managed to setup and active the API connection in the Tuya Homey app. Now when I want to add a door (conract) sensor wifi it is not found by Homey whereas it is visible in the Tuya cloud. Anyone got an idea on how to resolve this and make it show up in the Homey app?

Then that specific model isn’t supported yet.
Ofcourse all your Tuya devices are (duh) visible in Tuya iot cloud project.
That doesn’t mean they all are supported by the Tuya Cloud app.
But there’s 2 workarounds:
Look for “raw commands” in post #1 to get it working!

1 Like

That is good to know, learning everyday as I am new to Homey.

I will look into the raw commands, thanks.

There is a contact sensor supported but how can I then tell what model and/or type of sensor is actually supported by the API?

1 Like

That’s a bit hard to tell because of the loads of clones and rebrands.
Also Jurgen needs the actual device to add it as supported device.
So shipping your device to Jurgen, and buying him a coffee (or 20) might help :blush::wink:
And:

1 Like

Hi all,

Used the Tuya cloud with several devices for a while now. Since a few days it doesn’t work anymore on some devices. Homey gives the following message “The driver for [device name] is depreciated, please switch to new driver. See community forum for details”. I can’t find how to update the driver nor can I find info about it on the forum here. Anybody who can help? I have to say some of the Tuya devices still work, others don’t anymore.

Thanks!

Justin

I also have Error Code "2406, msg: skill id invalid”.

My Tuya Smart App says the region is “Isle of Man/United Kingdom”,

the IoT Platform shows the project is Data Center : Western Europe Data Center".

In the settings for this app the country code is set to 44 (UK)

Any idea what I’ve got set wrongly?

I notice the reference Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers does not list the “Western Europe Data Center”.

Does this mean the app does does work for UK user?

Surprise
 when following your link, my (browser) search function displays 44 United Kingdom under “Central Europe datacenter”? Change it into this datacenter and it should work.
How did you search?

Scrolled down shows:

1 Like

44 United Kingdom under “Central Europe datacenter”?
Change it into this datacenter and it should work.
How did you search?

(lol! I didn’t search there. I scrolled and found no Western Europe!, even though it is an option at Tuya Smart Developer Center)

I changed it at https://iot.tuya.com/cloud to “Central Europe Data Center” but when I click Save in the app configuration I still get the "Error Code "406, msg: skill id invalid”. Restarted the app but still the same error.

Is there something else I need to do?

It’s all in this topic.
Please start reading from post #884 down, for ‘2406 skill id’ related questions and solutions :wink:

1 Like

How can I search in the thread to maybe find my answer before posting it?

Hit CTRL + F 
 at least works with chrome

Hello,

after like a zillion of tries, I’d like to let you know that the error messages are often misleading:

Wanted to get the new API thing working, always got error 2406, all of a sudden, I got 1004, then 2406 again.

Checked like a hundred times if API ID or secret were wrong 
 no, they weren’t. Also, the whole process on Tuya website was done correctly.

And then I remember that it had worked once. So I tried everything until I found the problem:
Even though under “devices” and “link Tuya App Account”, my App was correctly registered (scanning the qr code with the app), I deleted it and rescanned the code and IT WORKED AGAIN.

I don’t know what caused this, maybe an app update (???) but now everything seems to be working again.

So if you think you’ve set up everything correctly but still nothing works and the app gives you false error messages, try to unlink your app and relink it.