[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

What do you mean @Jurgen_Heine

I have indeed legacy devices configured. Do I have to trow them away? :joy:

Or should I reconfigure?

I will check the post now

Tnx for your feedback

@Wayne_Laagewaard, you have to switch to new device types in homey for your existing devices. With devices I mean here the devices in Homey not phisical ones.

The Tuya Pir doesn’t send this signal, only motion detected signal is send. See also Home assistant issue: Tuya PIR sensor does not report motion state · Issue #58634 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

This is already in the code:

// reset timeout when new trigger
if (this.timeoutObj !== null && this.timeoutObj !== undefined) {
    clearTimeout(this.timeoutObj);
}

And after that start timer again:

this.timeoutObj = setTimeout(() => {
    this.setCapabilityValue("alarm_motion", false).catch(this.error);
}, 1000 * this.getSettings().motionTimeoutInSeconds);

New test version live with fix for contactsensor.

Also legacy devices are now marked deprecated. This means that they keep working if they are already paired to Homey, but they cannot added anymore.

2 Likes

Okay thats a pitty, could prevent a lot of issues

About the reset timer. I understand that it reset the time after new trigger. But what if there is no trigger. So what I mean is if the sensor is constantly in motion, busy area. When the time expires it need to execute a check on the PIR state whether the PIR is in motion or not. Current the when it expires and motion is still on, homey will put the device on no motion while there actually still motion because the reset timer expires and there’s no new trigger

Hi @Jurgen_Heine , first of thanks for the hard work you put on all this. very valuable for me

I’ve just tested the contact sensors. I can now add then. However, they keep on showing the contact sensor in alarm even if its closed in the tuya app(from the moment I added the device it reports it on alarm).

Maybe same issue as the PIR, not sending a signal when contact sensor is off alarm. Would be pretty useless for a contact sensor.

Edit:
Looking at the debug it seems it report door sensor on or off

Can you send a app diagnostic report. I can hopefully see if there’s something wrong.

Sended you a DM with the code of the diag

Still can’t add my contact sensors with the last update…don’t know why…

Ewen, Can you double check the version in your app settings on homey? Can you copy the message your getting?

It’says “no new devices found”
They appears in Tuya IoT Platform Configuration

Can you check on the device debug information to see if you can similar result as this: Just to check if the device is recognized as contact sensor:

@Ewen_Le_guennec, please send a app diagnostic report. With this I can investigate and hopefully see what is wrong.

Thanks to try to helping me,but i don’t know how to create and send a diagnostic report…

Mobile app: …More > Apps > Tuya Cloud
Then hit the gear wheel on the top right
Then:

Send the returned number to Jurgen
Enter your forum name in the report description.

2 Likes

617a2c56-9022-4af8-9e71-9670a0424332

There is a new testversion with updates for sensors

3 Likes

Great Jurgen, Contact sensors are working perfectly. Very good work, well done :smiley:

1 Like