[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Oh i now see too, the initial release is no longer available.

Would it be available somewhere that at least is worth to try?

That didn’t work for me, alas

Doesn’t work also, because API key and secret are mandatory
 :frowning:

I was looking for the test version also, but there’s no more test version in the store.
Let’s see what the author comes up with. Until then I’ll control my lights manually, it’s not the end of the world.

It’s unclear to me why there is a time-out on the settings page. There are no time-outs for setting page in my code, but if I understand correctly it’s probably because the apps failing to start. This failing to start did occur also in 1.0.2 test version, but should have been resolved in 1.0.3 version. The new fields should be required for legacy only, but I just saw there is an bracket error in code which make the fields required also for legacy :frowning: When choosing legacy you only have to fill them with a letter, they are only used for official API. Remember that country code and business(Phone app) are also required.

The 1.0.4. version should already be in test channel. This version has Windows cover and PIR for official API.

1 Like

Downloaded new 1.0.4 Still problem with timeout 30 sec. Then due this it seems like app is not able to save data in config. After adding login info it confirm saved ok
 Then on reload it times out
 and nothing saved. So still cant save config for some reason. Never had this issue before with apps. Other apps do not have this timeout in config. Hope there is a solution :slight_smile: Tested several times. The app demand both legacy and official login to be fillet. Can’t do that on phone in 30 sec. Then timeout
 screen flicer/flash and it’s not possible to save .

Also, after timeout Homey Pro apps is hanging/locked for long time. Have to quit app or change to another folder before being able to access any apps at all. Or wait for a min or so.

Keep up the good work, Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit: Managed to type all info before timeout and save. Still it hamg/lock all apps and will not save config.

@Grim, please send diagnostic report. Without log I don’t know what’s wrong here. Something let the app crash during initialization which resulted in a paused app.

6ce2af55-e993-4059-bbe2-0df63694603c

Received report, but no errors or other clues. For now I don’t know what’s wrong. Maybe you can uninstall the app and install again. I hope that the settings get cleared and that you can enter everything from scratch.

Same problem as Grim here after installing 1.0.4-test. Still paused, not able to save any configuration info, and mandatory API key/secret.

Uninstalled Tuya cloud, fixed broken flows caused by removal of Tuya cloud devices, reinstalled, still the same.

Well, @Jurgen_Heine and @Grim I got it working again :sweat_smile:

What I did:

1. Remove Tuya Cloud app from Homey
  2. Install node.js etc on my computer, according to Github source
  3. Install the really old version 0.0.15 from ZIP onto my Homey
  4. Configure app and enter credentials etc, save and exit the app. You can install legacy devices now if you want, but after next step they won’t work anymore, so skip that.
  5. Install version 0.1.5 from ZIP.
  6. Now enter credentials again, using API key and secret. Save and exit
  7. Install version version 1.0.2 from ZIP.
  8. Recheck credentials
  9. Install latest version normally
  10. Add your devices

Step 7 and 8 might be skippable. I think:

• the key here is that your login credentials can be saved in 0.0.15, because there’s no mandatory app section to enter API key.
  • after that newer version will install properly, because those credentials exist.
  • if credentials don’t exist, the app will install paused
  • so maybe step 5 and 6 could be skipped also, going straight from 0.0.15 to 1.0.3
  • every new user may run into troubles when starting with Tuya Cloud app because all of the above

Does this point you somewhere @Jurgen_Heine ?

1 Like

Reason it looks ok is that it’s only reporting a clean install with no config. If i try config the app freeze and it’s not possible to create an diagnostic. I guess if i had not removed it, i would be able to use smart life via homey. Just not able to add new ones. Hope you find the problem :+1: remove, reboot mobile, install again didn’t help. Until its fixed i will use Google then add to homey.

New version in test channel with possible fix for pause app

3 Likes

Hi Jurgen, PIR and Blinds install well @ v1.0.4. Cool! But there is an error with both types: “Device cannot be found” “stateArr is not defined”.

Diag:

• 55999838-a0a5-445a-a7b1-d7f2472cf1ed

No hurries and thanks for the app update!
Going to install v1.0.5 now

Maybe try again with 1.0.6, found issue with your report. It was small error which could be quickly fixed and code was still open.

1 Like

f8118f2c-bfb9-40a4-88a3-78e67fe8ef42

There is a new version in test with fixes for Windows cover and PIR.

Please switch your devices to new official API!!! Old API devices will be set to depricated when official windows cover is working properly. After that, it’s not possible anymore to add new legacy devices, existing legacy devices will remain working.

@Grim, your log is showing legacy API time-out errors. You have to wait 25 minutes now between attemps, changing settings in this time is pointless. Those are the time-outs of the legacy Tuya API, nothing I can do about. This is one of main reason for adding new official API.

2 Likes

This version will be releases to stable asap when there are no errors for time-out, windows cover and PIR.

3 Likes

Battery status of PIR’s works now, and screens / blinds work fine too!
Thanks for the quick fix, Jurgen.

With positioning possibility :wink:
Screenshot from 2022-02-24 23-39-32

2 Likes

Transitioning my devices to the new API, which seems to work ok.
Shame that the direction control of curtains is gone and only position support is left, so no “open” command. Only go to 0%
 But I guess this is a limitation of the new API.

But because of this I do miss some of my (older) curtain switches which only have direction control and no position control. They do not show up as switches nor as curtains. They still work with the legacy api, but the new api doesn’t recognize them. Any ideas?

Where do i create a api access and ID. Since that is demanded
 it’s prolly why it don’t work. Never needed that before :slight_smile: alwasy just used same legacy login as Smart Life.

Please read the first post

2 Likes