[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

the smartplugs are not working anymore with homey

homey turn it on or off but its not switching on or off

diagnostic rapport
5ebc1d79-4d42-49f9-915e-7d09b81135f4

Same here. Tuya Cloud App is no longer connected. When pairing a new device, i receive the message “Please configure app first”

@S.Noordman Did you read the comments from the last 2 days.
Some people say it is working again after extending there account.
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-tuya-cloud/21313/2221?u=mike1233

1 Like

Yes, it worked

Hello, anyone any idea how to connect this device please?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,
You can not add it to Homey as a device, but you can use it anyways:

1 Like

Noticed today that Tuya Cloud app is no longer working. No scenes and no devices.
I have restarted both the app and Homey with no effect. Everything is still working from the Tuya Smart app

@Mp9 And you did read the comments from yesterday and today?

Hello
Can you explain me how can I do for uptade the API Tuya cloud , I received notification from my homey. I don’t find exactly in the community the answers
Thanks

Hello, you only need to set “Official only” in the Tuya Homey app Settings.

Thanks, this worked for me as well.

Many thanks , I do it immediately

Hi there

I dont know if this is regarding the same issue but my Tuya is not responding, Homey informs that API Drivers are old and need to switch to new drivers. I already applied whats mentioned earlier in comments to use officual only but unfortunally without any succes. Any help ?

I don’t trust the tuya stuff, doesn’t matter where they’re servers are😂

Tuya Inc. - Wikipedia.

In 2021, multiple media outlets reported an investigation by cybersecurity firm Dark Cubed, suggesting that Tuya’s network-connected devices are subject to China’s Data Security Law, and “are woefully insecure and sending data to China.”

I have some chinese stuff (tosot aircons) but these are locked down on their own vlan and cannot get acces to the internet, the only thing they’re allowed to acces is homey.

I was just saying those servers are not in china as you stated😬
And I know, of course my toilet light statistics are being leaked to china, I’ve no illusions about that.
And let’s face it, tuya is just one of the many
 don’t forget google, meta, micro$oft, amazon and whatnot.

It’s just a better idea to try to keep things local, I absolutely agree.
Also for the other reason we all like to ignore: bankruptcy and closing down of cloud services, f.e. vanMoof, Thermosmart and Gigaset, making their devices (partly) useless and wortless.

1 Like

So now solution to get this succesfully working ? :rofl:

Hi I’m noticing a big delay when controlling devices from homey with this app. When I turn on a light from the Tuya app it is instant being switched. Turning it on from homey takes 1.8 seconds. Is this normal behavior? or can I tweak it somewhere?

Not for me. There’s a small delay, but much less than a second. Not aware of any tweaking.

Andy

Indeed, with the mobile phone app, and with Home Assistant it’s pretty snappy. With Homey it takes some time somewhere in the chain (Athom cloud? Just a wild guess).
But, there’s an new app from Tuya themselves on the way, so let’s see if that solves the lag.

1 Like

Hello all,
I wish to include my Tuya equipment in Homey. Unfortunately, I am unable to do this although I have clearly read and executed all the instructions.
Can anyone guide me in this?