[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

@Christopher_Charpent

What a great idea.
https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-tuya-cloud/21313/2197?u=mike1233

https://community.homey.app/t/tuya-has-officially-joined-the-talks-with-homey-program/106779

2 Likes

Same issue here
 I also tried changing the password on my iOT-account, but it’s not updating. Still only accepting the old password.

So you think the problem is on the Tuya Iot side?

Also have this issue unfortunately

Also problems over here

I’m also having these problems. Quite relieved to read I’m not the only one. Let’s hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

Hi,

Same for me. But I tried to extend my IoT Platform (https://eu.iot.tuya.com/) trail period with request on and after 5 minutes everything is working again. New expiration date is 22.09.2022. Also I restarted Tuya app and refreshed scenes in settings. I also re-add my Official Api Access Secret and changed UseDesired Apis to - Use offical only. It is working again.

Best regards

1 Like

No issues with Tuya WiFi, last updated 31seconds ago. @Lukasz_Kostek got a point on the IoT-Platform. It is supposed to be just some months, but it was working after that, but now they have “killed” it. Maybe you guys should renewal your subcription?

1 Like

That won’t help. Please read the first post, there’s no one “at the wheel” :relieved:

@ ALL with a ‘dead’ app:

When you go to app config, and hit “refresh”, it should show an error message.
Maybe that clears things up.

Also, it’s not a generic issue, here it still runs fine
Homey Pro 2019
TC app v1.1.24

Also, if applicable, are you sure your internet IP address didn’t change recently?

Is that relevant, when every device gets a virtualt device ID? My external Adress changes regulary, no issues with that.

:sweat_smile: That’s why I wrote ‘if applicable’. Which means, if you enabled the IP allow list, an option which I marked on the screenshot, with a red pencil.

I restricted outside access to my IP only. Didn’t you?

That is a option that is enabled by default i think, and it is requestion som tinkering to disable it. But i get your post.

Check my comment above. What i have done, is not relevant.

This worked for me to - I’m up running again. The “IoT Core” status was expired. Followed these instructions: How do I extend the trial period of my cloud development service? (tuya.com)
Took less than five minutes from request sendt to get re-activated.

2 Likes

This seemed to be my issue as well, although I’m sure I extended it when I got an email from Tuya to do so. Anyway I managed to extend it and all is well again.

Above worked for me also. However i Cant’t recomend Tuya devices with Homey for anyone. Very mysterious to get them work :sweat_smile:

Same here, was approved within minutes. Now everything works again.

Thanks you

Thank you, followed the instructions and works again!

Maybe, just maybe, buy devices that are not reliant on a Chinese cloud server to work. There are enough brands and devices that work directly with homey without cloud, they’re probably a little more expensive but they still work whenever your internet is down.

True, Glenn, Homey can’t control Tuya Wifi devices without internet, and I do prefer local control as well.

But, we won’t be left in the dark without internet:
When using the Tuya phone app, everything still works for several hours without internet. I did not test what the max. duration is.

Oh, by the way, these Chinese servers are “next to” the Athom servers @ AWS Frankfurt.
And imho Google / Meta / Microsoft aren’t much “better” than Chinese giants like Tuya, when it comes to “data gathering” :person_shrugging::wink: