[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

So, let’s focus on what does work?
You are able to add devices to Tuya?
You can control devices through the Tuya app on your phone or tablet?
You have created an IoT cloud project on the Tuya site?
Do you see the devices you want to control in the Tuya cloud project?
Can you connect to the Tuya cloud project from Homey?

good evening,
4 times yes
5th: i can configure tuya cloud app, also safe them without errors.
but still when i try to add a device app keeps asking to configure the app first

So it must be something in the app settings…

These are my settings. As username I have the username for Tuya.
I have the same username/password combination for my Tuya cloud IoT project as to login on the app on my phone.

Thought to be on the safe side in removing personal details. Please let me know if I forgot something. But this is it… With the blue/green arrows, I indicated what goes where.

If you’ve done this it should be as easy as adding a new device from the Homey devices list. Select Tuya Cloud, Lights (for example), Install. In my case obviously it shows no new devices are found.

Good evening,
Hereby I sent you some screenshots so that you can see I filled in the wright info.
Firtst my keys and acces secret code

This is the result.

So I don’t know where there is the problem.

Perhaps you see the fault but I am at the end of my knowledge

Yours
Cor

You have set your Tuya app to “Use legacy only”. Try changing that to “Use official only”. Restart the app afterwards.

1 Like

Thanks Rudi, you won’t believe it but although i tried all weekend every combination, just now it works.
I think because eventually i reset the password in the tuya app and on the development site to the same password.
and finally “use official only” and it worked.
many thanks for your help.
your
cor

1 Like

You’re most welcome!

Hello Cor,

Are you aware you posted your API Access secret?
Also your Homey cloud ID is visible from the my.homey.app/homeys/ URL.

It’s better to anonymise private data.

Hi there,

I am a new Homey user and I got my temperature sensor today that I ordered through Ali Express. I got the sensor working in the Tuya app, I have successfully created a developer project and I see my sensor in there. I have also successfully (at least I think) connected the Tuya Cloud project to my Homey Pro with the app. However I am not sure what to do next. I am unable to add the device as temperature sensors are not listed. Thermostaat is listed, but it wont work adding it.

Is this app still being developed?
Can I submit requests for adding devices?
How can I see if I connected Tuya Cloud correctly to Homey?

Hi Sander,

No.
Pls read post # 1, second sentence, of this topic.

Yes, but you’ll need to find someone to write the driver.

But it is not really necessary; also in post # 1, you’ll find an explanation and howto’s for what to do when a device is not directly supported: look for
tap-to-run and RAW commands;
In theory you can control almost any Tuya cloud devices (tap-to-run), or let Tuya cloud devices control Homey (tap-to-run and/or RAW commands).

1. You can create a tap-to-run scene @ the Tuya Smart app or SmartLife app.
    When you can view and select it with the Tuya Cloud app’s flow card “Execute a scene”, it works.
  2. You can ‘listen’ to any event broadcasted by Tuya cloud, with this RAW commands flow card:

Hi Jurgen,

thanks for this great app. I’m having some issues and I’d like to ask for your help.

I have Tuya Cloud and it seamlessly integrates in Home Assitant - thus it is working properly. I went over all the setups based on your guide and everything appears to be setup the way it should be. Still, I don’t see any devices in Homey.

Could you help to resolve it?

Thanks,
p

You still have to add the devices yourself, they don’t just appear :blush:

LOL :smiley: you’re right :smiley:

1 Like

I also have a smart litter box in my Smart Life app, configured the Tuya developer stuff and I’m seeing the notifications from my smart litter box on the IoT platform, so at least that works.

But, being a new Homey user since a couple of days, can I do something to at least get the/some of the notifications in Homey as well? Or do we need to wait for the litter box device to be added as a device in the Tuya Homey app?

Yes you can definitely use them. In the cloud project switch the device to “DP Instruction mode” (under debug device) so you’ll receive all the input from your litter box in the Tuya Cloud portal.

Then, through the Tuya Cloud app use the “when” “text event received” cards to act upon the messages

1 Like

Smart Life - Tuya Wi-Fi Temp & Humidity sensor

How can I connect this device to Homey-Pro 23?

@Harry_Inia ; you would start by reading post #1 which details how you can use device events received through tuya iot cloud to configure a virtual device in homey that shows the readouts from this sensor. there are lots of examples in this forum of configuring such a device.

1 Like

Thank you Vincent, for confirming that I’m @ the right place and that it should be possible with such a device.

I just recently unboxed the Homey and am still finding how the forum is organized.

Once you get up and running with the integration, things are pretty straightforward and work really well. drop a note when you hit the walls :wink:

Thx Vincent.
I was able to install the Tuya cloud app on Homey Pro error-free. I had a 2406 (Smart Life was not correctly linked) and a 1106 (different PW in the Smart Life & Tuya API) during the process.

One Wifi Temp & Humidity sensor is installed in the connected Smart Life app.

The question is now how to get the device installed in Homey Pro…
I expect the device to be visible in Homey Pro in the Tuya Cloud app during add-a-device, but it is not…
What am I missing…?