[APP][Pro] Tado° community app (met geofence & verw. capaciteit) (NL)

We may be talking about different Tado units.

I have a (according to the Tado app) “Wireless Receiver” that is connected directly to the heat pump controller,

this is the device I have.

As far as I can tell, it works almost exactly like the natural gas version, as in it controls the boiler according to presence, schedule, weather and more.

The official Homey app doesn’t support it (or my wireless sensor for that matter), and I had hoped that this app would support it, but I just get a bunch of errors when I add a Home or Heating Circuit.

As for smart schedule, it’s not important to me, as I use the Tado app for daily scheduling, and only use Homey for statistics, and irregular schedules like holidays.

That is the device supported in 3.2.0. early support.

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious.

This app (TadoZones) is at version 5.0.13, my Homey is at 10.2.0.

What piece of software is released at version 3.2.0 :slight_smile: I’m clearly missing something.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Heating circuit → electrical heating.

I assume the heating capacity is the output capacity of the heat pump, I.e. I have a 7.5 kWh heat pump, so I put 7.5 there.

sorry, too many apps, 5.2.1 is the test version.

2 Likes

figured it out. Heating circuit → electrical heating.

I assume the heating capacity is the output capacity of the heat pump, I.e. I have a 7.5 kWh heat pump, so I put 7.5 there.]

Thanks for taking the time to make this.

Still need to create the usage information though…that will be in the next update. No need to insert the kwh for energy…

Great… missing capability listener, again… This having to reinstall the app and re-adding my devices and fixing all my flows is getting really annoying. Isn’t there a real fix for this?

On 5.2.1 homey 10.2

Pls keep it friendly, Martin is working for us in his spare hours!

For fixing your flows, there’s a cool script available.

And when you install the app without removing it first, you don’t break the flows.

1 Like

Ah I see 2 new versions were pushed last couple of days… Did these reintroduce the capability listener bug?

Can I rollback to 5.1.9?

Note to self; disable every damn autoupdate as literally every 3 days something breaks due to an update…

I do appreciate that. It’s just been an incredibly frustrating experience using this app and homey in general over the past weeks. Something important breaks about every 3 days. And with the amount of work needed to fix things I might as well just go back to manually controlling everything.

Just now my bedroom and kitchen were 24 degrees because the floor heating pumps didn’t switch off and the heating stayed on full blast whilst I was away. I just wished things would remain stable for a week. But that’s probably more Athom’s fault than anyone else’s with the last 2 updates breaking something and the last one even entirely removing all my z-wave devices… I mean come on…

Alright. I found something that may potentially be useful to others and that fixes the issue without having to reinstall or re-add devices.

Symptom: Tado devices status isn’t updated and devices don’t respond to temperature changes.

Repairing / relogin doesn’t work using the ‘try to repair function.

Restarting the app doesn’t work either.

After changing temperature ‘missing capability listener’ error is displayed.

Fix:
Instead of using the maintenance > try to repair function add new tadozones device. This prompts a login. Login (click login BEFORE continue) this now shows to add a device. I just added the ‘home’ device, but it’s likely that the actual fix is just being able to login correctly.

It looks like authentication / token is lost after a couple of days and the repair functionality isn’t working.

Is this a known issue? Are you aware that the repair functionality isn’t working, but adding a device and then logging in does?

I would never let Homey be the master Heating controller, just saying.
I own a tado system for 6y now, with it’s own schedule for day, evening, night and away temperatures. Homey is allowed to temporary change the target temp, but I don’t let it overrule the tado schedules themselves.

Homey is designed to turn lights on and off, so to speak. Which is not a mission critical job.
Also stability seems not a priority.

I agree and advice to disable each and every app and firmware auto-update, and handle it yourself at a convenient time.

Of course Homey can do many neat things, no doubt, but it’s for you to decide what are, and what aren’t clever ideas.

Even while I own a Pro 2019 and have very few little issues with the tadoZones app! It’s so much nicer and better than the Athom version.

I have also no login issues like you describe. Afaik every 9 or 12 months a re-login is required.

The good description of the symptoms helps as I cannot recreate the issue, just keeps on working here.

Will check if this can be timing/auth issue. Missing capability usually would mean that there has been a restart of some kind (Homey fw)? Was that the case?

I notice two issues.
When I try to login I get this issue, no matter if I use full email or the account name.

Why I need to login/repair the device is because I get this error when I want to use this card like this.
I thought that logging in might help solve it, don’t ask me why.

Capture_1077

Any idea why these errors appear?
Other than that it all works fine.

Thanks

Hallo allemaal, Bij mijn homey ondervang ik dezelfde problemen met de tadozones app. Een tijdje geleden had ik ook het probleem dat ik de melding ¨missing capability listener¨ en er niks meer ververst werd. Hierop heb ik uiteindelijk alles verwijderd en opnieuw geïnstalleerd en het werkte weer, tot gisteren. Wat mij opviel is dat de homey in de nacht geüpdatet is naar de 10.2.0 versie.

Om uit te sluiten waar dit vandaan zou kunnen komen heb ik een aantal dingen geprobeerd nadat ik alles weer werkend heb gemaakt. Bij het testen ben ik gestart bij de homey 10.2.0 versie en tadozone 5.0.13 versie.

Alles werkt dus heb ik als test de tadozones app opnieuw opgestart, hierna had ik gelijk prijs. De thermostaten werken niet meer; ¨missing capability listener¨. Als ik nu een nieuwe thermostaat toevoeg (hier voor krijg ik de vraag om in te loggen bij tado) werkt deze en de bestaande die al in homey niet. Als ik de bestaande verwijder en opnieuw toevoeg, werkt hij weer. Hetzelfde heb ik getest door de homey opnieuw op te starten, dit geeft exact hetzelfde resultaat.

Vervolgens ben ik gaan testen met de 5.1.2 versie van Tadozones. De thermostaten waren al toegevoegd via de 5.0.13 versie en heb toen de app geüpdatet. Na de update gelijk weer dezelfde foutmelding. Hierop heb ik de thermostaat verwijderd en wilde deze opnieuw toevoegen maar dit lukte niet. Het inlogscherm verschijnt, vulde de gegevens in maar kreeg geen thermostaten te zien die ik toe kon voegen maar wel een foutmelding: ¨tadohome.deviceList is not a function¨. Na het opnieuw opstarten van de app en daarna ook homey helaas hetzelfde resultaat.

Helaas heb ik zelf niet zoveel verstand van apps, api en dergelijke maar als je het mij zou vragen zou ik zeggen dat het iets met het inloggen te maken heeft bij Tado, alsof er na een update/herstart de inloggegevens niet meer werken.

Hopelijk kun je iets met mijn verhaal Martin, mocht je willen dat ik iets test/probeer hoor ik het graag. Vind de app top en wil er meer gebruik van gaan maken dus hopelijk kan dit probleem opgelost worden.

Gr, Jack

2 Likes

Een upgrade or herstart lijkt idd de trigger. Wellicht in combinatie met een verlopen token oid?

Ik ben erachter gekomen dat de volgende sequence werkt als je problemen ondervindt.

App opnieuw starten. Device toevoegen > inloggen. En daarna de app nogmaals opnieuw starten.

Zonder daarna de app nogmaals opnieuw te starten hebben alle oude devices het ‘capability listener’ probleem. Daarna werken ze allemaal weer, zonder alles opnieuw te hoeven toevoegen en configureren.

1 Like

Heb het zojuist een aantal keer geprobeerd maar helaas zonder succes. Met welke tado/app versie werk je? wellicht dat daar nog een verschil in zit?

Zou kunnen. Ik gebruik de laatste test versie. 5.2.1

Probeer anders eens een powercycle ipv herstart. Op de een of andere manier is dat bij homey toch echt heel iets anders.

Helaas ook zonder succes, als ik in met de 5.2.1 versie een (radiator)thermostaat wil toevoegen krijg ik ook het onderstaand na het inloggen:

Maar een tado huis of verwarmingscircuit toevoegen is geen probleem. Voor nu ga ik de 5.0.13 versie gebruiken en het auto update van de homey en app maar voorlopig even uit zetten. Mocht iemand nog meer ideeën hebben om te testen/proberen hoor ik het graag.